lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
avelino
Not Yet Wild

Default tuning potentiometer???

Hi guys, I just changed my '93 36v club car from resistor to solid state. Installed a raptor motor, heavy duty solenoid, 4awg cables, g.e 500 amp controller, potentiometer (I've been told it was for an eazy go?) got 'em from cart zone. My dilemma is: when I hit the pedal slightly, enough to hear the micro swith (potentiometer's) kick in & the solenoid, it starts to do a jerking move, like it wants to haul but, so when you start off it does this, almost think your gonna pop a wheely, once its taken off it runs fine & fast. Is there an adjustment I'm suppose or can do? do I have a cable reverse?, it's obviously not normal at low speed to be jerking. You can also see the motor like it wants to come of the rear end. Please help.

Thanks.
AL
avelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
larryh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: tuning potentiometer???

Your controller probably has the hold off option. I've got the GE 500/600 controller and it did the same thing. Read the literature that came with the controller and you will see where it talks about pot adjustments. That does not mean your PB-6, it means adjusting the potentiometers within the controller. Mine has three and I can't remember what they are, but one is acceleration. It was factory set at something like 1.5 seconds. You can adjust with a small screwdriver by turning clockwise. The "lag" is gone now when you push the gas, but with the D395 motor whiplash is a concern. I'm simply speculating about the fix, because I don't know if your controller has the adjustments. You can easily tell by looking at the side of it. There will be three small plugs that will pull out. If your unsure, call the guys at carts zone, they can set you on the right path.
larryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
avelino
Not Yet Wild

Hi Larry, thanks for your response. My controller also G.E 500/600 has 3 blue / or purpleish looking plastic caps on one of the sides, I guess thats what you're saying to remove & can adjust? The controller didn't come with instructions, neither did the potentiometer. In reference to the potentiometer it appears it's for an ez-go, although I've been told it would work, I've also been told it's crap & more problematic. I don't know why Cartzs Zone led me to this Pot, I believe it should of been the curtis pb-6 instead?? Unfortunately I took it to my local shop, for them to figure out, They're goona try using my existing V-glide. I'm goona see if Cart Zone will take this back for I believe it's the wring part.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You could have an ezgo 0-5k pot and a Club Car 5k-0 controller ..... Check the ohms reading on the pot and read the specs on the controller you bought. Are you sure these two are matched up Ohms wise?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
avelino
Not Yet Wild

Quick question, in ref. to the controller, cart zone's web site & JC said its a 36v or 48v controller, but controller says 48v. Which is true? JC when ordering said both the pot & controller I believe said both would be 0-5? It's a G.E. 500 / 600 amp.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay well, I had one Chinese pot that was all over the place range wise...The pb-6 is a better unit but, it costs twice as much. What good is cheap when it comes to problems. Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
larryh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Your controller is for both 36 and 48. I am running mine on 36 and it does just fine. And yes, those blue plugs are what I was talking about.
larryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car