lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
JeffreyR
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 TXT Fleet Slow Starting

I have a 1998 TXT Fleet cart that has recently been slow to start. When I push on the pedal I get a faint "whir", so it's trying. If I keep at it, it will get up & go like normal. At first I thought it was the battery but after I changed it out that wasn't it. I'm concerned it may leave me stranded at the far end of my property.

It's been a great workhorse for many years with not problems. It gets a fair amount of use year 'round but this started after it recently sat for several weeks.

I'm also trying to find the correct Service Manual for this model. I seem to be able to find them for different years/models but not this one.

I wanted to start "spiffing" it up a bit & start replacing some body parts, brakes, etc.
JeffreyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Default Re: 98 TXT Fleet Slow Starting

Sounds like your starter generator. Just had the exact same issue. Just not enough juice.

I started with replacing solenoid and voltage regulator (because they were each under $20 online) and neither of those worked so I bit the bullet and just bought a new starter generator and it’s firing like a champ.

Check your connections before replacing..there is a green wire connected to the DF terminal on your S\G that typically gives problems. Inspect the brushes, too. You can usually find them for around $10 and fix your S/G. (Or just replace and fix it up later for a backup like I did)

What’s tests have you done so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
JeffreyR
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, the generator/starter was my first thought. It's got a lot of time on it.

I had to use it quite a bit yesterday and it would start on the second or third time I pushed the accelerator pedal.

Other than putting in a new battery I haven't done anything else. Plans were to try and tighten the belt and clean off all connections to the generator.
JeffreyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
Thanks, the generator/starter was my first thought. It's got a lot of time on it.

I had to use it quite a bit yesterday and it would start on the second or third time I pushed the accelerator pedal.

Other than putting in a new battery I haven't done anything else. Plans were to try and tighten the belt and clean off all connections to the generator.

No problem. Hope it gets you up and running. I think that is your best bet. Could be corrosion on cables going to the battery. Make sure the ground is clean and rust free too.

If none of that helps, there is a micro switch under your pedal that could be going out. Another cheap and easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO