lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Tow/Run switch

i have an inherited Yamaha G-22 E with the GE motor. Attached is a picture of the tow/run switch. The wires coming from the connectors behind the toggle switch go to this plug, and is suspended like you see it. I'm assuming the tow/run switch has been disconnected and is not functioning.

Where does this need to connect? I have learned enough that i am sure it connects to the controller, but how?

Would this be disconnected with the backup beeper? Someone has eliminated it also, which is ok.

This looks like one of several wires that were eliminated from the cart!
More to come!
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0075.jpg (115.8 KB, 0 views)
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Tow/Run switch

That is for the motor speed sensor, on the end of the motor right behind the tow/run switch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #3
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That is problem # 2, if you look at the motor end in previous pic, no wires are coming out of the motor, but I did learn something, The speed sensor goes into the back of the tow/ run switch!
From there I assume it goes to the controller. Are these in the multi pin harness that plugs into the controller?

Thanks. It looks like I need to rewire this portion. Not sure how it runs now! I am wading through it though.

You talk about baptism by fire! LOL!

PS. When posters refer to taking a cart to the dealer and getting a code change, does the dealer have a plug or port to plug into?
Thanks.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

It's a 4 pin plug in front of the right side battery, should be tucked into a open ended tube. But, alas, no PTV speed code for you. Ge motors & controllers cant get it.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks CGtech. I am learning and electrical is not my strong suite. I was assuming this plug was the dealer port and it assumed me! LOL!

Now a general electrical wiring question. If the battery cables are upgraded, does the positive lead need to be upgraded to carry the voltage to the tow/run switch - relay-solenoid-controller and then motor. I think that is the general way it flows.

I have a 400 amp solenoid and larger wire to the controller, but my positive lead is OEM. Is this large enough to efficiently take advantage of larger battery cables, or should I upgrade all the way to the solenoid and with what size wire?

Thanks
Hooptmac
Old 06-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Every cable in the system is limited by your smallest/worst cable. So it's just as if you had all stock cables.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #7
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That 's what I thought, i was just moving my limitation down the line!

Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha