lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
monoptn
Not Yet Wild

Default Body panel question from a new member

Greetings!

New to the forum, obviously. I have decided to buy a Yamaha cart for golf, and have learned quite a bit from this forum. My plan is to buy a Drive 2 with an AC motor, put a 3 inch lift on it, nice wheels and tires, and a controller to hop the speed up. Possibly a motor/controller combo from Plowman. I have found a nice 2017 A/C cart that is beige. Is it feasible to order new body panels in the color I want and replace the beige ones? I've found one website with factory OEM panels in factory colors, and it looks like all new panels would run around $500 for the set. Are people able to actually get panels now and is that a reasonable price? Seems better to buy brand new factor color panels than try to have them painted. Thanks in advance!

PS - I want to use Yamaha OEM or at least parts that look like Yamaha for the body panels.
monoptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Body panel question from a new member

If it's worth it to you instead of painting it yourself or paying somebody. Yes.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I dont know of any "totally unlocked" controllers for Drive2, and the Yamaha speed code will get you to 19mph with 205/65-10 tires. There is no "speed motor", because the stock motor is plenty capable of lots more speed, if only the controller would allow it.

Also, changing the body panels on Drive2 is the easiest of any cart I have ever done.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
monoptn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I dont know of any "totally unlocked" controllers for Drive2, and the Yamaha speed code will get you to 19mph with 205/65-10 tires. There is no "speed motor", because the stock motor is plenty capable of lots more speed, if only the controller would allow it.

Also, changing the body panels on Drive2 is the easiest of any cart I have ever done.
Can you recommend a good source for body panels?
Old 08-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #5
monoptn
Not Yet Wild

If you are going to replace the motor and controller, does it matter if you get an AC or DC cart?
Old 08-15-2020, 01:42 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

I dont know of any "plug & play" controller replacement for AC yamahas. So, yes, it might make a difference. But I believe their are plug & play conversion kits to convert DC ones to AC.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #7
monoptn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I dont know of any "plug & play" controller replacement for AC yamahas. So, yes, it might make a difference. But I believe their are plug & play conversion kits to convert DC ones to AC.
Isn't that what the controllers and motors that Plowman's carts do? Performance controllers and motors for Yamaha.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

cgtech - I replaced a stock AC controller with one of these about 9 months ago. It made the cart a screamer. Very plug and play. My fellow club member is extremely happy. About 30 minutes to install. There is also the 600A version for same cart.

monoptn - What color are you looking for? I may be able to get something for you. My friend is a Yamaha dealer who only stretches carts for first responder vehicles and multi-passenger stuff. I know he has the rear bodies sitting around. Would have to check on a matching nose.

https://www.navitasvs.com/tac2
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #9
monoptn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
cgtech - I replaced a stock AC controller with one of these about 9 months ago. It made the cart a screamer. Very plug and play. My fellow club member is extremely happy. About 30 minutes to install. There is also the 600A version for same cart.

monoptn - What color are you looking for? I may be able to get something for you. My friend is a Yamaha dealer who only stretches carts for first responder vehicles and multi-passenger stuff. I know he has the rear bodies sitting around. Would have to check on a matching nose.

https://www.navitasvs.com/tac2
I'm thinking a light silver color. I don't have a cart to put it on yet, but am trying to find one fairly close by to make into my winter project.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Good info, I had heard of the navitas to convert from DC to Ac, but not from stock AC.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha