lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
180summit
Not Yet Wild

Default summit

I am new to this so if I am doing something wrong please let me know. I have a 2000 Yamaha electric cart. The problem i ma having is th brakes seem to be locked on. I took the cover off that exposes where the linkage for both sides meet but do not know what the adjustment to make is. It appears that the pedale does not snap back up. Any sugestions? Thanks.
180summit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: summit

welcome.jpg
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180summit View Post
I am new to this so if I am doing something wrong please let me know. I have a 2000 Yamaha electric cart. The problem i ma having is th brakes seem to be locked on. I took the cover off that exposes where the linkage for both sides meet but do not know what the adjustment to make is. It appears that the pedale does not snap back up. Any sugestions? Thanks.
Welcome! First, take off the brake drums and inspect the brake linings. If they are good, use some 80/90 grit sandpaper and clean/rough up the brake linings and the brake drums. At the "equilizer" (I belive what you were talking about) clean all the dirt ect and WD40 it. Will the pedal return then? If not you will probably need a new return spring and maybe new bolt/collar/and bushings also. When you push and lock the brake pedal, loosen the 12mm "jam nut" and then with the pedal unlocked turn in the "excentric" adjusting bolt till the pedal "locks" on the first "tooth" on the sector (the arm with teeth) you may find the pedal will release fully after doing this. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Advice doesn't get any better and direction doesn't get any clearer than that
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Advice doesn't get any better and direction doesn't get any clearer than that
Yes it does.....Joyce tells me all the time
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

okay.....Assuming we all know Joycie won't log on and give the benefit of her wisdom
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha