lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

Default Headway Precedent

Finally finished my pack, using battery hookup “super beast” modules. These packs are 24V each, using 6P8S Headway LiPO4 cells. Resulting pack is 96 cells, total of 48Ah 48V nominal. Using a JBD 300A BMS, giving me Bluetooth monitoring, low temp cut off, and all necessary protections. Club Car ERIC charger using profile 269. Pack runs into bus bars, then has 12V converter for lights and accessories. Has stock Curtis controller with 4GA wires, Eaton ACK-175A fuse. Now I have a nice storage compartment under the seat also!
Bbbbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2023, 04:17 PM   #2
Safyou
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headway Precedent

I have been considering building something similar with the help of a friend of mine that is capable. I am concerned only because I have not seen many golf carts that have been converted to the Headway Beast. How are they holding up and would you do it again?
Safyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:44 PM   #3
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

I would do it again. That said, I've learned much about building my own lithium packs in the past 6 months and it is quite different from doing prismatic (rectangular) cell builds.

Battery Hook up said to just top balance and go. Don't do this. Take the pack apart, capacity test each cell, then assemble. I have about 10% of cells that weren't good and those kept dragging the pack out of balance. Since I had purchased 3 SuperBeasts, I was able to sort out the best 96 cells and put them in equal parallel groups.

I would purchase the packs that are just the cells, as I use a high amp BMS with a built in relay. I did use the fuse from the BH pack, but could use a different fuse similar to the ones on my home system.
Old 02-18-2023, 03:29 PM   #4
jworren
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am looking at doing a similar build. What kind of range/runtime have you been getting? Are you happy with the capacity?

Thanks!
JO
jworren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:50 AM   #5
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworren View Post
I am looking at doing a similar build. What kind of range/runtime have you been getting? Are you happy with the capacity?

Thanks!
JO
Sorry for the delay. About to start building another pack with my buddy for his 2008 Precedent. I've been getting about 20 miles, with driving this thing as a cross between an ATV and a go-kart.

Completely happy with the setup for ease of maintenance, price, and DIY fix ability.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:55 PM   #6
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

Just an update, Delta-Q has made some more Lithium profiles available. I'm going to switch to Algo 233, with maxes at 56V. I'm hoping this will help with my passive balancing, as my balancing will start at 3.4V per cell group, and this will max at 3.5V.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:59 AM   #7
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

Algo 233 didn't like working for some reason. Algo #261 has been working. It's not quite as high a charge as I want, and each time I charge it shows the "Battery full" solid light on the ERIC. it doesn't go away when I disconnect charger from the cart, and it won't charge again until I unplug the AC from the charger.

Tags
battery hookup, bms, headway, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car