lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2022, 02:48 PM   #1
txdm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 2001 36v TXT PDS - want to convert to Lithium

I'm not concerned with gaining power/range as much as I am with having battery longevity and less maintenance. What do I need to know/do? Point me in the right direction! Thanks
txdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 36v TXT PDS - want to convert to Lithium

This is relatively simple if planned out well. The first thing you need to ask yourself is am I going to keep the cart on 36v for the next 8-10 years. IF the answer is yes. Determine what your usage will be and determine if the stock motor and controller will be adequate or if you may go for bigger tires and bigger motor down the road.
Once those Qs are answered > Chose a single battery pack with a high enough draw limit and capacity to meet your needs.
Choose a reputable battery company with lots of up to date reviews and recommendations.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:05 PM   #3
txdm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks scottyb, yes I'm 100% happy with the cart's power, range, and tires as it is (basically stock with a chip that adds regenerative braking). I mostly use it to schlep fence building materials and deadfall. Thing is that it is rarely used, so improving the battery lifespan and simplifying maintenance is my goal. I dont know what amp-hours or other specs to look for.
txdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I also suggest buying a battery charger combo. You can't use the old charger.
Sounds like a basic replacement size will work fine. I would choose the Eco battery combo. We have heard nothing but good reviews for them
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO