lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2022, 01:04 AM   #1
golfcartz801!
Not Yet Wild

Default custom ezgo 36volt

Been customizing a golf cart I picked up with very little detail. Only said it was a 36v ezgo and there is no serial number anywhere. Got the lights, suspension and stereo all in and now its time to do the motor/battery. Any advice on the direction to go? Theres plenty of torque rn with this 2hp engine but id like to go faster top speed and more range for sure. I can play nine holes like this but then im barely getting home. It has 3 12v for drive and one 12v for lights and stereo currently. Anyone recognize the model, year possibly? I thought it was a marathon or txt, has the full metal body. thanks y'all!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5791.jpg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5792.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
golfcartz801! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2022, 08:52 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: custom ezgo 36volt

It all depends how much money you want to throw at it. 6 six volt batteries will give you more range. Converting to 48 volts with 6-8volt batteries will give you more speed and torque. Getting a Plum Quick Bandit upgrade on that motor will get you 25% more torque and about 3 mph on 36 or more of both on 48 volts. That motor will work just fine on 36 or 48 volts. From there it's just a matter of more money. Navitas AC is another option if you're interested in more speed AND More torque, you don't have to settle for one or the other. Before I spend any serious money, I would evaluate the condition of the frame because torque and speed both stress a weak frame and make for an unsafe ride.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is an Ezgo Marathon 1986-1994. Modern motors will fit this cart. It can upgraded or converted to solid state in series or sepex drive. Lots of options for this one.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
golfcartz801!
Not Yet Wild

my price range is 2-3k on the rest of it, Im into it pretty cheap so far. Just worried about new parts hooking up to this but it sounds like its a marathon. The frame is really solid i've been under it a bunch this things a tank. If i throw 48v at this motor will i get some more speed and torque? Maybe thats the option and i wouldnt have to swap the motor.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:40 PM   #5
golfcartz801!
Not Yet Wild

awesome thanks! thats going to help me shop. never seen a vehicle with zero numbers on it. Its going 18-19mph with this motor id like to go 25+ so i can mob the scooters.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:42 PM   #6
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a Txt that I converted to 48 volts. Had Plum Quick do the bandit upgrade on a stock motor and added #2 battery cables and a SR48500 controller to hit 27 mph.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, electric, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!