lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2023, 07:51 AM   #1
Smileysp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default UMAX Rally 2+2 Lightbar

I bought a '22 UMAX Rally 2+2 last weekend and am looking to mount a lightbar to the front. I have purchased a 38" single row LED lightbar that "should" fit in the yellow marked area in the photo and still allow the windshield to close. My question is, what's the best recommended way to mount it to the plastic roof besides drilling holes in the roof? Any input would be appreciated as there is little information, forums, etc. that I have been able to find about these carts, especially when it comes to Add-Ons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inked3.jpg (168.8 KB, 0 views)
Smileysp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2023, 11:50 AM   #2
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: UMAX Rally 2+2 Lightbar

Nice looking cart. I wanted to do the same to my 2022. The only way to do it seems to drill through the roof close to the front edge where the top is flat and thinner. I don't have a problem with drilling the roof. The problem I have is I don't like to see the exposed wire loom. I intended to run the wiring down the roof support tube but after hours of trying I realized the tube is blocked between the dash board area and the wheel well. It's a shame because I've seen it done on these carts and it looks good. I settled for dual lights on the brush guard. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1264.jpg (121.7 KB, 0 views)
Reliableone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:51 AM   #3
Smileysp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Reliableone, I was able to mount my lightbar using self tapping screws into the roof. My roof uprights were not plugged, I just had to remove the windshield mounting bolts, and was then able to run the wiring down the upright (still need to insert a rubber grommet to keep from rubbing through the wire) then back to the battery. I connected the wiring from there to a 6-gang switch panel that I mounted next to the Key Switch on the lower dash. I went with the slim single row lightbar so I can still fold the windshield up.
My rear roof uprights were blocked which I was not happy about because I then had to surface mount the wiring for my rear chase light bar. Still working through this situation, but that bar is mounted and operational for the time being!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lightbar installed.jpg (228.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Lightbar installed close up.jpg (222.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Lightbar power through roof support.jpg (208.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Chase Lights.jpg (219.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-06-2023, 09:10 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I used a cheap $65 ebay light bar mounted to my 360w solar panel roof.(electric cart).. Sorry for the rotated pic.. looks to be the same lightbar as the post above but mine is all white.. width was perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230303_081444.jpg (267.8 KB, 0 views)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 04:03 PM   #5
Smileysp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Augiedoggy, looks great! Yeah mine is a cheap Amazon 38" bar, it fit just perfectly!
Old 03-08-2023, 03:53 AM   #6
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Looks great Smiley! I like that chase bar too, good job. I continued to work on mine and eventually made it down the roof support tube using baling wire as a lead. An idea I found on this forum. Do you have a pic of your dash. I would like to see your switch setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1331.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1347.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2023, 03:57 AM   #7
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Augiedoggy, I like it!
Old 03-10-2023, 09:01 AM   #8
Smileysp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Reliable thanks. I'm glad you finally were able to get down the upright! It was a royal PITA, caused many words to be used and more than a beer, but it was worth it! I will grab a pic of the dash tonight/this weekend and get it posted.
Old 03-11-2023, 02:17 PM   #9
Smileysp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Reliable, here’s my switch panel, it’s a little tight to the ignition but I didn’t want to cut the dash, I just used the factory pre-cut switch hole. This runs back to a fuse block (2nd pic) behind the battery (mines gas) and I mounted it using a longer screw in a factory hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA477BDE-74B2-401D-8912-8CCBBFA09576.jpg (221.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 38311975-B539-4867-85BC-164E6ABE5F87.jpg (102.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2023, 07:01 AM   #10
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha