lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2023, 06:37 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car Carryall2 gas wiring advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_club View Post
Hard to believe that from viewing this one photo, you can tell that the clutches are shot and need replacement. And that the starter belt is shot as well as the starter pulley.

You guys have such an imagination. Yes the clutch looks like it needs to be cleaned up, but to say it's shot is hard to believe.

Further more, I have looked around on the shop manuals and it appears that there is NO adjustment for the clutch shaft to shaft distance. So a new belt may help, but also there maybe some adjustment in the driven clutch to allow the belt to be higher in the clutch.

And there are not several rules for CVT clutch belt slack. With the belt that loose, when the engine is reved up. the drive clutch will appear to start the movement in what would be considered second gear in a manual transmission.

If starting movement on an up hill trail, the cart will really struggle to get going with the belt that loose.

Richard
It’s not that imaginative.

The drive belt is chewed up. The starter belt is cracked between every one of the cogs. You can see clear pitting and wear patterns where the drive clutch is worn. Nobody said it was “shot” but if it were my cart, I’d replace it. That’s just me though. When the drive clutch wears and pits liike this, t’s worth $100 for a new one rather than spend a bunch of time trying to “clean it up” whatever that means. Generally the pitting also weakens it and I don’t know if you’ve ever seen one of these come apart at RPM but it’s not pretty.

There’s no adjustment in either clutch to change how the belt sits. And the slack in the drive belt is intentional to help the cart start a little easier. If it were tight the starter gen would not only be trying to start the engine but would also be trying to move the cart as well. And as stated throughout this thread, these starters have a hard enough time turning the motor past the compression stroke as it is
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car