lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2023, 12:00 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Eco 72ah or 105ah?

The lower AH Lithium batteries are Marginal on current demand ratings. Larger tires and AC systems that go 30mph draw way more current under acceleration. The BMS in the smaller Lithium packs will shut down under acceleration of you demand too much current.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2023, 12:23 PM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdooley View Post
Great replies. Thank you all so much.
I think the 72 should work fine for my needs.
Why does everyone say you need more ah’s For modded carts, AC systems, etc?
Many of these carts are running FLA’s and doing fine. Switching to lithium (as long as you have a decent discharge rate)and shedding 300lbs should reduce the required usable ah’s to get the equivalent or better runtimes than the FLA’s provide. Does this make sense?
Fla batteries do not have bms systems that trip when going up a hill or accelerating hard.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:38 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Great replies. Thank you all so much.
I think the 72 should work fine for my needs.
Why does everyone say you need more ah’s For modded carts, AC systems, etc?
Many of these carts are running FLA’s and doing fine. Switching to lithium (as long as you have a decent discharge rate)and shedding 300lbs should reduce the required usable ah’s to get the equivalent or better runtimes than the FLA’s provide. Does this make sense?
That makes sense to me too. I have tested it, and my clients, many of whom are members on this forum, have tested it and it works. We do not do AC drive because well, that's a whole other discussion for another day.
Anyway I have about 30 51v/72ah packs in use without a complaint. I'm not pulling data out of a hat here. These are real people with everyday common golf cart needs like you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:27 PM   #14
Jdooley
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Scotty, that sounds like solid data.
Thank you.
Jdooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Awesome. Scotty, that sounds like solid data.
Thank you.
And thank you for the opportunity to post my experience here.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #16
Jdooley
Not Yet Wild

I finally picked up the 72ah kit from the dealer. I just finished the install and everything works as it should. I could only try it in the driveway as it will be another few weeks before we can bring it to the lake. The only hiccup was getting the wrong receptacle adapter (I need the DS one and they gave me the Precedent one). I’m adding a few pics of the install as I done it a bit different than most that I’ve seen. I put the voltage reducer in front of the battery and the charger behind it. This gives me storage on both sides. Thanks again for all the input i get on here and I can’t wait to try this thing out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1842.jpg (197.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1843.jpg (213.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1844.jpg (204.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1847.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
Jdooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:33 PM   #17
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If it were mine running 20-25 miles per day when you use the cart, I’d personally opt for the larger pack. That’s part of the reason I went with allied. I like that they’re scaleable. I used 2 batteries for 60aH for a while but ended up getting a 3rd battery for 90aH. Much happier with the extra battery.

With the eco since you can’t simply add to it, it would require changing the whole pack, I’d get the bigger one right from the start. Better to have more than you need and have extra headroom than save a few bucks up front and find that a year or so down the line you regret not getting the larger pack. At that point it would then require selling the 72, probably for less than you paid because it’s used now and then buying the bigger one.
I have to ask.. Why can't you simply add a second battery pack to the eco pack? As long as they are the same voltage it should work. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old 04-05-2023, 09:33 PM   #18
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

Interested in the same batteries. I have a AC setup and normally cruise around the neighborhood 23-35mph. Some days I do 3-5 miles other days I do 15-20. Which AH would be best for me? I do not have my controller/acceleration set high. If anything it’s turned down a lot as it’s too responsive. What is a relistic range I should get from the 72ah? 105?

Wondering if I should just go 72v setup to take advantage of the speed. Anyone have range for it?
Buttapollock1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:26 AM   #19
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I have to ask.. Why can't you simply add a second battery pack to the eco pack? As long as they are the same voltage it should work. Has anyone tried it yet?
Should be no reason you can’t add a second battery. Doesn’t even have to be the same battery, just identical voltage/chemistry and similar discharge characteristics.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:26 AM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Should be no reason you can’t add a second battery. Doesn’t even have to be the same battery, just identical voltage/chemistry and similar discharge characteristics.
Exactly what I thought. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car