lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: EZ-GO Rear leaf spring problem

Attachment 20653

Attachment 20654
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
RaceBizz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO Rear leaf spring problem

Thats the right spot. And both sides are exact same measurement 25". If the frame was bent would'nt it make it impossible to install the rear seat? So I guess I have to do a long travel rear to fix the problem. Do you make one of those? Because I am definately buying my Lift Kit from you. I really did not want togo long travel but if that is the only fix. Unless you can get shorter springs made. The Marathon Springs where shorter and after finally getting them on hitting a good bump layed out the shackles.
RaceBizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBizz View Post
Thats the right spot. And both sides are exact same measurement 25". If the frame was bent would'nt it make it impossible to install the rear seat? So I guess I have to do a long travel rear to fix the problem. Do you make one of those? Because I am definately buying my Lift Kit from you. I really did not want togo long travel but if that is the only fix. Unless you can get shorter springs made. The Marathon Springs where shorter and after finally getting them on hitting a good bump layed out the shackles.
We're missin' something here... The rear LT will fit, but I don't recomend it with a rear seat and it's pricey compared to springs. Do you have the original springs? Somebody here will show up with the magic answer. Let's give it a minute.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #14
RaceBizz
Not Yet Wild

The original springs were 27" also I just thought they were the wrong ones and were to long so I ordered new ones and same problem. I also checked the frame and I can see no stress or anything that would relate to a bent frame especially 1 1/2" .
Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
The original springs were 27" also I just thought they were the wrong ones and were to long so I ordered new ones and same problem. I also checked the frame and I can see no stress or anything that would relate to a bent frame especially 1 1/2" .
Hang on a minute. I'm gonna try sometin'...
Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Spriddle had an idea. Use longer shackles. It would lift the rear some and lessen the angle of the shackles. I know that ain't the cure, but it would work.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
RaceBizz
Not Yet Wild

It may would work a little I got the Marathon springs on that are 26" and this is the angle on the shackle with those. They still lay out hitting bumps. How long on the shackle and were can I get? Should I use the Marathon springs or the TXT ones? Thank you for all your help also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010002 (2).jpg (58.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something just doesn't look right. Where did you get the springs?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #19
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It may would work a little I got the Marathon springs on that are 26" and this is the angle on the shackle with those. They still lay out hitting bumps. How long on the shackle and were can I get? Should I use the Marathon springs or the TXT ones? Thank you for all your help also.
Those springs look better, but still isn't "sitting" right...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
RaceBizz
Not Yet Wild

I got the springs from a dealer. The Medalist springs are 27" and the Marathon springs which are in the last pic posted are 26" and it is 25" center to center on my hangers. No sign what so ever of a bent or cut frame.

Tags
rear leaf problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO