lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #10121
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Dang that’s some serious aggressive tread.👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #10122
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sowilliams the ease of driving cart into a camper on 8’ foot wide tailgate compared to driving into a pick up bed on ramps for camping is soo less stressful for sure.

Used new camper for first time this weekend. Nice to be able to pull cart into campers garage after camping weekend opposed to covering ,chaining it up outside till returning to site following weekend.
Not to mention it had the floor plan , fancy gadgets, lay out wifey wanted. Win, win for us.
Now time to start traveling more 👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #10123
Anjvw4785
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Purchased Golf Cart Unlimited's 36V volt meter...Question is do I wire it back to the battery pack directly with is own terminal connections OR can I just splice into the Curtis SOC right next to where it will be installed???

With my cart coming with a manual EZGO charger, looking to keep an eye on the exact voltage of the pack to not under or overcharge.
__________________________________________________ _____________
1985 Marathon EZGO 36v Resistor Coil. Stock. US 2000 Batteries Brand New
Anjvw4785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #10124
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not done today but here is what I have been doing.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=169804
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #10125
Black RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Navitas 600 amp in my 2015 RXV.

41 MPH
Black RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #10126
dptaylor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I sat next to her and stared at the wiring I can't figure out, then I joined this forum and drank a beer out of frustration...
dptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #10127
dptaylor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked up a wiring diagram to install a power converter and how to hook it up to the ignition, got nowhere, but still trying.
dptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #10128
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Today I finished up the rear axle lift on a recent Vtwin swap.

While doing the swap I noticed a cracked stock axle holder or whatever EZgo calls the magnesium crud not suited for much in my opinion especially trails or work.

So I got these and these

You may have to cut this off of both sides

and before I hit it with black paint I'll brush it up some more

csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:58 PM   #10129
DBR1990
Not Yet Wild

Finished my dash panel on my project today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9B462B7D-7227-4706-9ABE-A90F96F04B5F.jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
DBR1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:57 AM   #10130
Esteban_Escobar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked up a 36V '93 EZGO Marathon as a project cart for $400. The first thing I did was buy new batteries and as soon as I drove it, the rear axle sounded like rocks in a blender. I pulled the cover off the differential and what came out looked more like brown Elmer's glue than gear oil. It was full of water and I could hear that the axle bearings were completely gone.

After much searching I found an entire rear axle assembly complete with brake hubs and leaf springs on Facebook Marketplace for $150.

So yesterday I replaced the rear end. Sounds simple right?

First, I had to disconnect the motor - the nuts that hold the 4 power cables were so rusted that all 4 of the studs broke off while trying to remove the nuts. Not really a big deal since I already ordered a new motor, but it was an omen of things to come.

The nuts for the U-bolts that hold the axle to the frame were also rusted (I think fused is probably a better word) - 3 of the 4 snapped off while trying to remove them. So, off to Ace Hardware to pick up some new U-bolts.....of course they didn't have the right size so I bought the closest ones and had to get creative. I eventually got them to fit.

So now the new axle is in place - let's take a look at the brakes.

One of them was completely rusted through. It took me 20 minutes with a hammer and a big screwdriver to get the drum off. I didn't even bother trying to save it - I just took one off the old axle and replaced it. The other side was ok, but it was full of what looked like a combination of gear oil and grease. Half a can of brake cleaner and about 4 shop rags later I got it all cleaned up and it turns out it was actually in pretty good shape. Not really sure how it got all gunked up like that, but it's clean now.

Then I go to reconnect the brake cables, only to discover the "self-adjusting" screws on both brake drums were completely out of whack. Once those were adjusted properly I put everything back together and now my rear wheels spin nice and easy, nor grinding noises from the axle and the brakes work.

The new motor and 48V upgrade kit are on the way, so the next step will be to remove all the old electronics - speed controller, solenoid and FNR switch. I also have a 48V to 12V reducer to run things like a USB cell phone charger, a light bar, and I'm leaving space in the new fuse box for speakers and a Bluetooth receiver.

More to follow.....
Esteban_Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO