lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #421
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

I have one of those metal bodies in my driveway.....I don't have a cart for it....just the body...Lol

That would look Sic if you sanded down the whole doggy, put a a-arm long travel lift on it and, a set of kick-butt tires and wheels.....totally Rat Cart !
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #422
syandoa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I have seen 3" and 5" kits for it. Are both possible/appropriate for this car?
syandoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #423
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by syandoa View Post
So I have seen 3" and 5" kits for it. Are both possible/appropriate for this car?

Just depends on what kind of wheel/tire combo you are going to use.

Do yourself a favor though and buy a decent lift. TRUST ME....the 50 or 100 extra you will spend to buy a Jakes or a factory lift kit will be paid back to you in spades with ease of install and quality of customer service if you do happen to run into any issues. Stay away from the cheap chit ones on ebay...they will try your patience and end up costing you time and $$ in the end.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #424
syandoa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. What do I paint this plastic with?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #425
rib33024

Quote:
here's some info,--- How was the turkey -

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/body-paint/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #426
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:

You cn use a plastic paint or, yu can use an automotive paint as long as you use the correct primer and additive in the auto paint....again though, these issues are addressed in the threads on paint.

You have to also take into account what your using your cart for. If your gonna beat around in it in the woods, I wouldn't spend the $$ on a high class paint job. Use a rattle can and call it a day.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #427
syandoa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I live in NC so it will take some UV on the way to the pool and back. but it lives in the garage. Doesn't take much of a beating
Old 11-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #428
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Then you just have to decide if you want it really nice and if you want to pay someone to do it or, try it yourself.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #429
syandoa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

"Try it myself" is why I am here. Otherwise I'd just go buy a new one. My kids or I will hit a tree with it soon, and I have been reading the other forums in the meantime. It sounds like rattle can Krylon, and possible clear coat will be the solution. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #430
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
[SIZE="5"]

Anyway, I just finished installing the "tunes" on the cart. Man, that thing will blast your ears out! I'll post pics later. Anyway, I got the idea from this site to mount my speakers. I read where someone had mounted their speakers over their kick plate under the seat. Someone suggested that they get some Tupperware dishes to put behind the speakers to keep the water from splashing up on 'em. Well, I got some Tupperware dishes and actually used them to mount my speakers to on the floor. Now, if I want to wash the inside good or if I just want to remove them for short periods, all I have to do is pull the bottoms from the lids that I have mounted permanent. Pics to come....
Now, for the pics of the sound system. Be honest guys. Tell me what you think. I could easily paint the plastic or leave the "guts" revealed. I was going with the store bought boxes, but after not finding them readily available, I went back to that idea I mentioned above. You can also see the amplifier mounted in the ball compartment with the coiled MP3 connection coming from behind and plugging into my Zen. Here they are.

Be honest... would you paint or leave as it?

Just realized that I didn't tuck my speakers wires behind the floor matting. oops!
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO