lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
rbush1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default My 1993 G9 has no power on hills

I suspect a problem with my secondary sheave ramps. I attached a picture of them. Can I get some feedback from the experts on what should be replaced if anything. As a non mechanic, I would appreciate any feedback since I'm in an area where there are no experts on carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (114.2 KB, 60 views)
rbush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 1993 G9 has no power on hills

that would be a good place to start. i would recommend a torque kit as the replacement.
svmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Looks like you have a broken ear on the spring, the ramp is a little worn (smooth out with a file or sand paper). The C clip is broken and the helix is too close to the rear end housing, if not rubbing. And the ramp shoes are worn out. I agree with the torque kit and a new set of ramp shoes. That would get you all the parts you need. Here is one of our sponsors kits. http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

There is a lot of bad going on at one time in the pic and Ron nailed it all.
Torque spring kit will come with a splined spacer to replace the broken/missing C clip and keep the hub off of the housing.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Between the tranny and the spring seat, there should be a spacer (c-clips are not good enough). Your ramp shoes look worn out: they should be replaced. And check your drive belt if worn out.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
rbush1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the prompt advice. Dose anyone know of a good Canadian supplier, the supplier mentioned above doesn't seem to deliver to Canada. Also, are slides another word for ramps.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

most if not all of the site sponcers will deliver to canada
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbush1 View Post
Thanks for the prompt advice. Dose anyone know of a good Canadian supplier, the supplier mentioned above doesn't seem to deliver to Canada. Also, are slides another word for ramps.
Technically, they are called ramp shoes by Yamaha. These are the small plastic/nylon/teflon things inserted on the spring seat/cam. You need 3 of them.

A good alternative is to buy the whole assembly for a G16 called spring seat. The ramp shoes are made of black material and simply screwed on unlike the white plastic thing that 's so difficult to install with the possibility of even breaking then when installing.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
rbush1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I got it all apart and will have my shoe ramps on Tuesday morning. I'm not sure what I can do with this problem without changing the shaft. I found the C clip tight up against the bearing housing which accounted for the spring seat being tight to the gearbox. The splines on the inside are worn. I'm sure if I put it back together like this, the c clip will quickly ride into and sit against the bearing housing. Is there a way to get this going for now and do a permanent fix next winter. Someone here suggested welding a large washer ino the c clip slot from the gearbox side without touching the gearbox???
I actually use this cart for golf and don't want to lose too much of our season doing repairs. Thanks guys, You've been very helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gear Box Shaft.JPG (141.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yamaha has already invented a replacement of the c clip. It's part no. OEM J55-46322-09. Kind of pricey at around US$28 or therabouts. It's called Input shaft spacer. It can last almost forever though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha