lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
waircon
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO Sport 2+2 Gas Warranty

I purchased a 2008 EZGO ST Sport 2+2 off of ebay about three weeks ago. The seller delivered it the night I was leaving to go on vacation for three weeks. I have never owned or ridden on a golf cart before. I do have a basic knowledge of how a reciprocating engine works. It has a 13hp Kawasaki enigine in it. Today was the first time I have got to take it out to play with it. I hear a tapping sound when I slow down. I though it might be a clutch noise until I lifted the seat to listen closer to the noise. It seems like it may be a valve tap noise. It is not constant, only when you let off of the gas. It does not sound to me like a bottom end noise. The oil is clean and where it should be on the stick. The seller said it was purchased in late 2009 with little use. Does anyone know what the warranty period is? I have taken video of the engine making the noise but do not know how to post it. Any help is appreciated. Here is the ebay link from the sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Thanks

Phil
waircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
uncle-buck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 EZGO Sport 2+2 Gas Warranty

Phil, I am also new to the site. My understanding is that the EZGO warranty extends only to the original purchaser and, in any case, would not cover things like adjusting the valves after the cart has been in service for 6 months or longer. You may want to contact EZGO for clarification.
uncle-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
waircon
Not Yet Wild

I stopped by the ez go dealer today. He said the engine has a two year warranty. I told him I would bring it to him on Monday so he could diagnose the problem. He said he could call ezgo with the serial number to see how much warranty is left. I told him the older gentlemen who sold it to me said it was bought in late 2009. He did not mention that the warranty is only extend to the original purchaser. I hope that is not the case. That would make no sense. He said when a new cart sits on his lot for an extended period before he sells it he has to call ezgo to inform them that it has sold and is being put into service on that date. That is when the warranty starts. I guess I will see what happens on Monday.

Phil
Old 02-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
uncle-buck
Not Yet Wild

Please let us know what happens. Your experience will be of value to other EZGO owners.
uncle-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What did you find out?
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Yes please tell us..
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
waircon
Not Yet Wild

Nothing yet. My cart is still at the dealer. They evidentially have limited experience on the Kawasaki motor and are waiting for the ezgo rep. to come and look at it. He thinks there may be an oil pressure problem. He says there is no oil getting to the top of the motor and there is maring on the rockers and I think he said the keepers. I will update when I have more info.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How about now?
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #9
waircon
Not Yet Wild

Still nothing. I went by the dealer myself to take pictures and try to understand what is going on. The dealer is still waiting for the local ezgo rep to come and look at it. He said that ezgo is down playing the lack of oil on the top of the motor. The rocker arm for the intake valve is riding on the valve keeper and spring, not the valve stem as it should. There is obvisous metal to metal contact happening, based on the maring. I took pictures. I believe the tapping sound I hear is the rocker arm making contact with the valve stem. He said he disassembled it and the push rod is straight and that he saw no abnormality in the parts. In my opinion either the rocker arm is deformed or warn or the valve stem is deformed or worn for this to be happening. He said hopefull the ezgo rep will be here today.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I havn't seen any issues with the kaw engine besides a few oil leaks.

EZGO warranty is only 2 years from in date service. It also only applies to the original purchaser unless the warranty is transferred/accepted by EZGO. I know when i trade in or buy a newer cart, EZGO will accept transfer of the warranty ( i am a dealer). You may get lucky and EZGO take care of this issues for you.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine noise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO