lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
zellerj
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Gas Club Car cycles on and off at low RPM

My 1997 Club Car cycles on and off at low RPMs. It was running like a champ, and then started to turn off and then turn on again at about 1500 RPM. This issue originally corrected itself after 30 or so seconds, and ran fine for 20 minutes till I got home. Now it is a consistent problem. The cart starts, but has very little power and seems like the RPM limiter is kicking in at a low RPM. The cart will only go about 5 mph. It always restarts only to shut off again a split second later. My mini tack cycles between about 1300 RPM and the hour meter. The same thing happens in service mode.

I don't think it is a fuel problem, but ignition.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim
zellerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 97 Gas Club Car cycles on and off at low RPM

I would start by unbolting the ground wire for the rev limiter( beige wire on the on the right side of box). You don't need it.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you have a tiny tach i agree you don,t need it but with no tach thats your only safety device against over-revving.........you can disconnect the ground wire to see if problem goes away keep in mind taking the ground out is only for testing purposes..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
zellerj
Not Yet Wild

Disconnected the ground wire and runs fine now. I don"t think I need a rev limiter because I have larger tires, a lift kit, and have modified gears in the rear end. I usually run at 3000 RPMs - at higher RPMs it is too fast and shakes too much.

Thanks,
Jim
zellerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your safe up to approx 3900 rpm,s and if she runs fine as stated you can leave it disconnected ....................your not supposed to but you can..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car