lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
epetiprin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile E Z GO ST Sport ll

I just purchased a ST Sport ll, the unit was purchase from TSC. When I got home the unit would not run and after checking I found that the fuel filter was emty. I call the store that I purchased the unit and they told me to put a new filter on it and try it. They allso said that graveity would fill the filter. From what I can see this filter is filled by the fuel pump? Also the unit has a Subaru 11 hp motor EH352, I look at their web site and could not find this motor. What can anyone tell me about pump and motor. Thank you would like to also know if anyone has this unit or can give me an update on it.
epetiprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default re: E Z GO ST Sport ll

Welcome to BGW

The engine fuel filter is not fed by gravity it is fed via vaccum operated fuel pump. If it has fuel in the tank there should be no reason it is not getting it to the fuel pump, especially when its a new cart. I would call the TSC back and tell them they are incorrect and ask them to make it right....if that doesn't work contact ezgo. I would be pissed off if I just bought a new cart and it wouldn't run when I got it home.

You might be able to save all that trouble....look around for cracked, broken or lines that are off.

Here is the service parts manual for the Gas Powered ST Sport II. You can get an idea of how the lines are ran. Page 86 shows the fuel lines and pump.

http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe...uals/604710.pd

And here is the Owners manual and service guide for the Gas Powered ST Sport II.

http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe.../604709-gb.pdf

Also, they won't have that engine listed on their site. There are also a few members here who have the ST Sport II.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E Z GO ST Sport ll

The fuel filter will never be "full", mostly it is 1/4 to 1/2 full. Your cart has the 350CC - 11hp engine. Tractor supply's are no longer selling current EZGO products. They are getting rid of older stock, they have never offered service on any vehicle, so calling them for repairs are probobly mute. Did you fill out any warranty cards at time of purchase? If you did, then ANY factory authorized EZGO dealer can repair your cart without costing you anything. You will only be responsible for getting it to the service. Now, can you describe what happened to your cart? Did it run for a while, then stop? I will bet that you probably have a wire connector loose, or the main fuse may be bad. Check your f/r microswitch to see if the red wire came off (this can happen during hauling). We do need a better description of how, what and when your problem started.
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
epetiprin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: E Z GO ST Sport ll

Thanks for the information. I purchased the unit on Sat. so at this point I am waiting for Monday to make some calls. The information you gave me will help. I will be using the Sport ll in town sometimes and would like to get tail lights and turn signals, do you have a location on these. Allso the motor generate a lot of heat is this noral?
epetiprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Contact one of the site sponsors. Check out their sites, if they don't have it listed I'm sure they can get it for you. Welcome to BGW!

When you say heat....it will create some heat yes.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Ron Yoder
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi, i think I bought some 22x11x10 Strykers form you a few years back is your shop off I-35. Those tires and wheels have been Great, even if they didn't come from your shop. My question is do you know if a G29 EzGo rear end will fit a 89 EzGo gasser?
Thanks
Ron Yoder
nixa, MO
Ron Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Who are you talking to? Don't you have a thread already? Please don't hijack other's topics.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Ron Yoder
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not trying to Hijack your site! Wanted to ask Mike a question, I dont hink I violated anyone. He was on here when I posted thought he might answer! I thought dudes from TX were congenial?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

It doesn't have anything to do with being congenial, it has everything to do with hijacking someone else's topic.(not "site" as you say) You wouldn't like it if it was your topic now would you? If it's that important send him a question or wait for an answer in your own topic.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
Ron Yoder
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

No actually I wouldn't mind it happens all the time! It's no big deal. You know life is to short for an attitude like yours! But thats allright You have a good day!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO