lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default Thank for all your help one more question...Batteries

Hey guys thanks for everything one more question. If I bypass the OBC will the charger charge the pack even though the batteries are low low. The pack is dead, I tried to charge this past month with a 6amp secondary charger I use for four wheelers when needed. I couldn't use the cart charger due to the precharge resistor being out and the cheap charger obviously couldn't handle charging the batteries. I think the secondary charger has a faulty shutoff or something, it says charged but the voltage on the batteries is low like 4 or 5 volts. The batteries were only a year old and weren't fully charged when my son topped them off with water, then the controller went out. So bottom line is they've been dead for over a month and and the secondary charger obviously didn't do it's job.

So now I need to get the batteries up to snuff and I think they're to low for the cart charger to kick on, so if I bypass the obc will the charger kick on even though there super low or do I need to get another secondary charger and attempt to get charged to get the cart charger going?? Thanks again you guys are great.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thank for all your help one more question...Batteries

The OBC bypass should jumpstart the charging. Let it run like this for 3-45 minutes or until the pack reads about 48V under charge. Disconnect the charger, remove the bypass, and reconnect the charger, if the pack voltage is high enough (+ or - 44v at rest) the charger should recognize the pack and continue until it shuts off on it's own.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car