lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default alltrax need reprogram when going 48v? help?

History- complete rebuild- just installed new batteries upgrade to 48 volts, all new cables, new 48v solenoid, existing (36v) alltrax 500 a controller. charged batteries all night till charger shutoff 51.7 volts.

solenoid clicks when i press the pedal- b- to m- is only 28 volts then goes to 0 at full throttle. check all wiring and is correct.

do i have to reprogram the alltrax for 48 volts? if not any help would be appreciated
swampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax need reprogram when going 48v? help?

sorry 97/98 txt series cart
Old 11-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

cart doesn't move either forward nor reverse.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Val-Con
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

D&D Motor has a schematic for the controller wiring
Val-Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Val-Con
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Its pretty easy to follow
Val-Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

val wiring is correct. green light blinks 4 times when solenoid pulls in, then solid green when i depress pedal... have a spare motor and it doesnt work either. not sure why i only have 28 volts between b- m- when solenoid picks up.....

struggling - was hoping i could do a maiden voyage with all this work i just performed- sux...
Old 11-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampland View Post
History- complete rebuild- just installed new batteries upgrade to 48 volts, all new cables, new 48v solenoid, existing (36v) alltrax 500 a controller. charged batteries all night till charger shutoff 51.7 volts.

solenoid clicks when i press the pedal- b- to m- is only 28 volts then goes to 0 at full throttle. check all wiring and is correct.

do i have to reprogram the alltrax for 48 volts? if not any help would be appreciated
When the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, the voltage between B- and M- should be FULL battery pack voltage.

If not, something is amiss in the high current loop, other than the controller.

What is the Voltage at the solenoid's Battery side large terminal?
When the solenoid is activated, what is the voltage at its Controller side large terminal?

Sounds like the solenoid is clicking, but the contacts aren't closing. Is the resistor getting hot?

--------
You may have to adjust the over and under volt sliders, and some other tweaks, but controller appears to be working (IE: Voltage between B- and M- going to near zero as pedal is pushed)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnie thanks for the reply, I will check those voltages .
I pulled fnr and ohmed out good. Cables are new soldered and crimped I check the schematic multiple times. I do appreciate the assistance and will follow up Thanks.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
When the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, the voltage between B- and M- should be FULL battery pack voltage.

If not, something is amiss in the high current loop, other than the controller.

What is the Voltage at the solenoid's Battery side large term? "full bp voltage"
When the solenoid is activated, what is the voltage at its Controller side large terminal? "full bp voltage"

Sounds like the solenoid is clicking, but the contacts aren't closing. Is the resistor getting hot? no

--------
You may have to adjust the over and under volt sliders, and some other tweaks, but controller appears to be working (IE: Voltage between B- and M- going to near zero as pedal is pushed)
could it be some programming issue?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampland View Post
could it be some programming issue?
No, probably not.

I say "probably not" because I've been troubleshooting stuff for over half a century and have learned not to make absolute statements.

The key issue is that the voltage between B- and M- is only about half of the pack voltage, the cart isn't moving and you haven't mentioned anything smoking or arcing.

Solve that problem and then we can find and resolve any other issues that may exist.

The voltage between B- and M- should be FULL battery pack voltage when the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to energize.

It doesn't matter if you have a SPM, AXE or stock controller, or even if a controller is installed or not, the voltage between B- and M- must be full pack voltage when the solenoid first clicks, or something is wrong in the high current loop.

The fact you get 28V, tells me there is a complete circuit of some kind.
The fact that the 28V decreases to zero when the pedal is pushed, tells me the ITS is telling the controller to pass current and the controller is doing so.
If nothing is sparking and smoking, the cables, cable connections and F/R switch contacts are basically intact and in reasonably good condition.

That leaves the motor and the solenoid, but you've tried two different motors.

What is the voltage on the controller side solenoid terminal when the solenoid closes?
If it is not FULL battery pack voltage, either the contacts are not closing, or the high current cables are not connected correctly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO