lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2023, 07:52 PM   #1
chriswillie
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Electrical Problems

Hey everyone,

Lots of good info here! Hoping I could get some specific info towards a problem I'm dealing with on my cart.

I picked up this cart and it would run good for a few minutes and then just quit on me. So, I pulled out my trusty multimeter and started chasing gremlins. First place I checked was the relay/solenoid, put 12v to it and it does it's thing. So then I moved on to the stop switch on the accelerator. With my meter on the positive terminal on the solenoid, I get like 11v when the accelerator is depressed, boom, it's gotta be the switch in the accelerator. Order a new one, throw it in and it runs and drives for like 5 or so minutes and then cuts off right as I'm starting to celebrate that I got it fixed. Same problem, low voltage at the solenoid. Alright, gotta be a bad wire. Run a temp wire to the positive on the solenoid and it spins for days but won't fire. Find myself a wiring diagram and realize that that red/white wire powers a whole bunch of other stuff besides that solenoid. Threw a new ignition coil in it and same thing. I am leaning towards the ignitor/cdi box, but I also see that the voltage regulator is on the same circuit. Has anyone seen where they cause weird voltage drops in the system when they go bad or should I be searching the wiring harness for a bad wire/termination? I'll probably do the Chrysler swap I read about on here if y'all think it might be ignitor related, but would rather not just keep loading up the parts canon and firing away and I'm sort of on a time crunch here.

Thanks for any and all recommendations!
--Chris
chriswillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2023, 07:29 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 Electrical Problems

Check your grounds. These are known to suffer grounding issues.

Also check all of your connectors and splices for corrosion.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha