lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #21
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 marathon revs then bogs down

Have you checked to make sure none of the fuel lines are starting to plug up, or kinked? Is the pickup in the tank free from debris?
Also check the piece of metal fuel line that runs across the cart just behind the seat. Sometimes they like to rust from the inside out.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #22
Morgan44
Gone Wild

When it was on stands, how long did you run it? As long as it would take on the ground to bog? Does it do the bogging every time when driving?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #23
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Did you check the float level in the carb?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Maybe it's time to ride the cart without a seat to see exactly what the throttle, and clutches are doing when it bogs.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #25
ctracingraptor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Have you checked to make sure none of the fuel lines are starting to plug up, or kinked? Is the pickup in the tank free from debris?
Also check the piece of metal fuel line that runs across the cart just behind the seat. Sometimes they like to rust from the inside out.
my cart had the metal fuel line removed along time ago i guess. its only rubber line from the tank to the carb.... and no kinks
ctracingraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #26
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctracingraptor View Post
my cart had the metal fuel line removed along time ago i guess. its only rubber line from the tank to the carb.... and no kinks
Are all the hoses clear of obstructions inside? Is the pickup tube in the take clear of obstructions?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #27
ctracingraptor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan44 View Post
When it was on stands, how long did you run it? As long as it would take on the ground to bog? Does it do the bogging every time when driving?
i ran it on the jack for a similar distance to the issues. but on a cold engine it runs great till about 100 yards or so, then bogs, now when it slows/bogs to an idle it starts jerking and bucking, after about 20 seconds of playing with the throttle or just sitting with the engine off the rpms come back and i go about 100 feet or so and repeat the bucking and jerking. the issues definitely seems to show its face greater the hotter the engine gets. i've cleaned the carb, but im not 100% sure how to fully set the float bowl(wish there was a sticky)
Old 01-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #28
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Do you know where it is set? Remove and disassemble the carb, hold it upside don and start with level with carb body. I'm just thinking if it's way low, you could starve once she's empty, till it has a chance to fill again.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #29
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Also check the fuel tank vent, and the carb bowl vent to make sure they can breathe.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #30
ctracingraptor
Not Yet Wild

i see no vent on the fuel tank, and no vent on the carb bowl?
i think we need to recheck the fuel delivery to the carb. i installed a new fuel pump due to what i would consider poor flow from the pump to the carb. i was told it should have a solid 2-3 stream off of idle.
i just checked my fuel supply to the carb, and its only dribbling fuel out the line to the carb??? about the time the clutch engaged fuel supply increases but its only an aggressive dribble, at no point when i rev it up until the clutch engages does fuel ever shoot a steady stream about 2-3 inches?? maybe i need to run it on the jack stand and see what the fuel delivery looks like at a higher rpm??? i also feel like i should feel some sort of vacuum on the line from the tank to pull fuel to the pump, unless it only uses a gravity system? regardless from the tank line while engine is running i feel no vacuum on my finger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO