lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #11
HBR
Gone Wild

Default Re: Having serious doubts

Here are some other options, cheaper than OEM. https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...4163&catid=578

Biggest downside is that you will likely give up capacity as these aren't custom fit to your cart.

The 4 gallon tank was as large as I could go on my project.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #12
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good info here as my 90 fuel tank is gone also.
I saw a fuel tank on eBay or amazon for around $150 if I recall last year.
I found it with the original part number but I don’t have that anymore.
If a new one fits, what’s the part number or cheapest place to buy it at?
HBR, I like that link on tanks as I don’t ride mine long enough to need a large fuel tank but when I BB it, that may change a but I may not need an oem tank.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I have not used the 4 gallon tank. But, one of these carts will run a LONG time on 4 gallons of gas.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #14
bradbates
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As Springbok said a 1992+ will fit the frame. He says the frames did not change until they came out with the Precedent so as long as the tank is for a DS it should work. The only question I have is how does the fuel pump mount? The newer tank doesn't show the fuel pump mounted on the side of the tank like mine is now. I guess a fella could rig something up. I have a used tank located but I'm leaning towards a new one because of the hassle of pulling the rear body which means I have to remove the rear flip seat. I saw one yesterday on Ebay I think for around $169.00. I found another on one of the golf cart parts sites for around $190.00 with free shipping. Others I looked at were pushing $250.00 with shipping.
bradbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:50 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You don't have to mount the fuel pump on the tank strap. In 1998 Club Car quit mounting the pumps on the tank strap and instead mounted them on the front body support strut as pictured below. You could do something like that...

But...your cart being an '87 (if you have the original fiberglass body) you probably don't have that support strut. Club Car started using the support strut when they started using plastic bodies instead of fiberglass in 1993, the newer bodies were flimsier and needed extra support. But if your Club Car has a newer body, maybe you do have the supports (my '87 has a 1993+ rear body on it). The easiest and quickest way to tell if you have the fiberglass body is to see if you have factory removable rubber fender flares. If you do, you have the fiberglass body. The 1993+ bodies have the flare shape molded into the plastic.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #16
bradbates
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do have the original body sir and it is fiberglass. I wonder if I could get one of those tank straps with the mount for the fuel pump still?

Where my tank was leaking, more like weeping or oozing because it would evaporate and stink up my garage before ever running down and puddling on the floor it was so slow. I have JB Welded that area of the tank, two coats with a good rough sanding before and in between coats. As it stands now the leak/ooze has stopped and the garage doesn't reek of gasoline. I may call it good and see how long it lasts or I may get a tank and go ahead and change it out for peace of mind. I'm still on the fence as to which way I'll go with this issue.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #17
bradbates
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Leaking tank update. The JB Weld is holding so I'm going to go with the repaired tank. Time will tell if during use it will spring additional leaks. Many thanks for the replies.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #18
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post up again 0n this thread if it doesn’t hold
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
bradbates
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will do.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #20
Wallbanger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the 92 and up tank will work just fine in an 87. its a perfect fit. I just put one in my 86. I had to remount the fuel pump but it was no big deal. I made a bracket that attaches to the frame rail and holds the pump up close to where it was originally located. My frame didn't have any spots for the original straps to attach so I used 3 lashing straps to secure the tank. took it out a few weekends ago and it worked great. no movement at all.
Wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car