lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Bsmith
Not Yet Wild

Talking Can you please help this newbie

Hello,
I am new to this site and I am very impresssed with knowledge that is being shared.
I have a 2 cycle 1987 (stock) ezgo and I am hoping to find the answers to my first three questions from the knowledgeable folks here.
1. Where can I get a repair manual for this cart?
2. I have a steep hill behind my house and my cart struggles getting up the hill.
I read about the shorter belt helping the problem, but I am not sure what the right size belt should be or where I can call to speak with someone to purchase one.
3. Today I purchased a new air filter, gas filters and spark plug. I also purchased a new muffler as I believe the original is pretty much plugged up.
Do you have any other recommendations for getting the top performance out of a stock engine?

Many Thanks,
Bsmith
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can you please help this newbie

Sounds like you are on the right path. Done right that 1 inch shorter belt is the best bang for the buck Let us know how it works for you!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Bsmith
Not Yet Wild

Hello again,
Well..this weekend I replaced the air filter, gas filters, put in a new plug and it runs a little better. I have not replaced the muffler yet, but I have a new one. The one on the cart I'm sure is pretty plugged because if I drive it very far it gets very hot and the smoke bellows out from it.
I am looking for a manual and wanting to try a smaller belt so I can get up the hill behind my house better.
Anyone have a source for these items.

Many thanks !!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

anyone of the site sponsers can hook you up with the belt you need.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
baja-boatn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Check all your oil seals aound the crank shaft. If they are leaking it will starv the engine for gas. I have know several guy who buy new mufflers and all they needed was the seals replaced. Good luck, I hope this helps.
baja-boatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Paw around and find some sites with belt sizes for your cart, measure your belt with a seamstress tape and see if yours is worn or streched you may need a new stock belt not a shorter one , My two centavos or whatever this prez will haves us spending.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
legbuh
Not Yet Wild

The two strokes just don't have the torque the new 4 strokes have for hill climbing. I've learned to live with it.

You'd think these engines could rev out a little higher.. they're probably not even close to any type of powerband for a 2 stroke.. lol
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
imjski
Not Yet Wild

did you get the smaller belt you needed???
imjski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
Bsmith
Not Yet Wild

Hello imjski...I have not been able to get a shorter belt yet. I spoke with a lady with one of the site sponsors and she said they do not recommend using one on my cart. I asked her if there was a specific reason and she said....that is what the guy's in the service department told her. I plan on talking with one of the service techs to find out why it is not recommended. It may be that a shorter belt will not work on the 1987 model EZGO?
I believe that legbuh has a good point in this thread about tork.
I did get a manual.
I will post a reply after I get done talking with a service tech regarding the belt.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
imjski
Not Yet Wild

Tks 4 keeping me advised...
imjski is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO