lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbie Needs help with 1986 Gas 2 Cycle EZ-GO?

I have a smaller one on a 83 and I hate it the cart moves everytime the starter does and it causes me a lot of maintainence on the starter , btw there are no springs or shocka on the old 83 juat a piece of sq tubing bolted in place of a shock ,14" lift and 14" truck wheels and tires .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSavasta View Post
Goat53- Thanks for the advice. Ok well i purchased a smaller belt but can't seem to get it to roll on? Any suggestions, tips, or tricks on how to replace the belt using a smaller one?

coondog - Thanks did you get yours changed by chance or find a belt that fit's yours? Also how do you do a compression test on the cart? I have never done this and dont' have the manual just yet? Let me know. Thanks

Also does anyone know what the spark plug gap should be for my 1986 2 Cycle Ez-go?
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #22
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Carts go good on the flats check and clean the clutches and measure the belts width and length with a seamstress tape.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
MikeSavasta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi everyone. Thanks for the input. I got a reply on another thread with a old 91 Polaris belt that works on the 86' ez-go 2 strokers.

The info was posted by nomash, so thanks to him.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo Marathon 2stroke Belt Help
The shorter belt for an '86 two cycle EZ GO is the Dayco HP3004, it's only 3/4" or 1" shorter. It's from a '91 Polaris snowmobile. I use one on my '86 EZ GO and it works fine. The belt grabs lower and sooner on the primary clutch and effectively lowers the "gear" ratio to the wheels. It also reduces the top speed somewhat.
MikeSavasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSavasta View Post
Hi everyone. Thanks for the input. I got a reply on another thread with a old 91 Polaris belt that works on the 86' ez-go 2 strokers.

The info was posted by nomash, so thanks to him.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo Marathon 2stroke Belt Help
The shorter belt for an '86 two cycle EZ GO is the Dayco HP3004, it's only 3/4" or 1" shorter. It's from a '91 Polaris snowmobile. I use one on my '86 EZ GO and it works fine. The belt grabs lower and sooner on the primary clutch and effectively lowers the "gear" ratio to the wheels. It also reduces the top speed somewhat.
thanks Mike.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #25
imjski
Not Yet Wild

i was wondering if you were able to get your problems fixed.I have a 86 ezgo also. having some problems akso.
imjski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #26
MikeSavasta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi imjski,

Well yes and no. LOL I have been able to slowly start getting the numbers down on possible issues with my cart. I have done so far basically a complete tune up. Change the air filter, gas filter, spark plug, and belt. Cart runs a little better but still is lacking allot of power. I just did a compression test last night on it and it's coming up with 90 for the compression, and from what I have been reading on this site is that is extremely low. I also noticed that it's burning up my spark plugs so it seems the 23 year old engine needs a rebuild. So I am going to buy the parts to do a Top end rebuild today and get that done. Hopefully this will fix allot of my power issues.

Below are a few links to some top end rebuild and full engine rebuild kits I found for my 1986 2 Stroke EZ-GO. Not sure if anyone might need them.

http://www.jandbmotorsales.com/c-750-engine-parts.aspx
Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #27
imjski
Not Yet Wild

Mike,Thanks for the info.I have done almost the same. I replaced plug;fuel filter;air filter....But I have not replaced the belt... I've read people saying a smaller belt helps.Has it helped you? If so, do you have part# for the belt??? Thanks again:)
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #28
MikeSavasta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My Belt is in route to my house now vis UPS :). Once I have it I will be testing it out right away and will let you all know. But considering how bad I think my engine is in shape I don't know how much of a difference it will truly make until I rebuild the top end. The part number for the 1986' EZ-GO 2 Stroke belt is Dayco HP3004, it's only 3/4" or 1" shorter. Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #29
imjski
Not Yet Wild

Tks Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #30
MikeSavasta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok So yea. The belt ordered isn't working as planned. It actually does work but I don't feel any difference in performance, but I was expecting that due to the extremely low compression on my engine. This week I begin the rebuild. I will let you know how it goes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO