lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
linexrandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Handed down 2009 YDRE, Alltrax installed and will not go

My grandma gave me this golf cart as she has gotten too old to use it. It had sat for over a year without being charged. It was originally configured 4x12v, so I manually charged each battery over a weeks time just to see if cart would move to decided if I wanted to spend money on it. It would start off pretty strong then drop to about 3-4 mph after about 4-5 seconds. I assumed batteries so I installed 6x8v Dekas (only choice within 2 hrs of me) and 2g wires. Also purchased new Accusense Charge Charger. Cart did the exact same thing, then got to where it would shudder just before it died and I had to push it back to garage. Assumed solenoid as it no longer clicked. Didn’t work so I bit the bullet and ordered the Alltrax 400 amp controller with the solenoid from Scotty B. (Fast shipping btw). I installed everything per instructions except the diode on the solenoid. Solenoid clicked but cart didn’t move. I installed diode and low and behold the cart ran and ran strong! I ran it around the yard for about a minute. Got excited to ride it around the neighborhood so stopped and started unloading my tools off the bagwell. Hopped in and it wouldn’t go! Solenoid clicks, light on controller is green then flashes red for as long as I hold down throttle. What’s going on with this (now $1,700) “free” money pit!

Edit: solenoid does not click when I switch from tow to run, nor when I turn key on. Only clicks when throttle pressed. Does click when cart pushed.

Last edited by linexrandy; 05-24-2019 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Added info.
linexrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Handed down 2009 YDRE, Alltrax installed and will not go

The diode appears to be on backwards. The red end should be + and the top terminal and red wire are + . Unless you assembled the diode incorrectly. See your instructions.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
linexrandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes I put the terminals on backwards, white stripe end on diode is towards positive.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
linexrandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone point me in a direction as far as what to look for with a multimeter? Alltrax controller light is green and flashes red constantly when throttle held down, which doesn’t match any codes in the manual.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would hook up a laptop. It will tell you immediately
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
linexrandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No laptop since I got a smart phone (well, the battery in my laptop is 2 years dead and won’t turn on.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
linexrandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update: got my ancient laptop going and installed the toolkit. Here is the results. Is my motor shot?
Old 06-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would pull the motor next.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha