lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Default electric G16

Just got this for $50. I don't know much about golf carts but got this to learn on so I can start building carts as a new hobby.

Decision 1. Keep as electric or convert to gas

Can someone let me know all part need to make it go. I mean from ignition key to motor. (motor, batteries, controller , ect…) I am not sure what parts are missing.

Decision 2 If I convert to gas what king of engine?

It sees that most people put in a mower engine. Im not sure I want to go this route. To me this sees like a hick way of doing it. Plus I would think that I would wat the cart to be more quite than a mower. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190607_165933.jpg (208.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190609_100331.jpg (215.1 KB, 0 views)
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: electric G16

While it looks pretty crazy in there, it looks like stuffs all there (not sure about controller). If you end up doing the controller, convert to 48v. 33% more speed and torque. You would need 8v batteries (needs batteries anyway), Alltrax Sr48400 controller, 48v solenoid, upgrade cables. Also, since the F&R switch on G16 was yamahas worst, might as well address that now too.

If you want a gas cart, just buy a gas cart. Not worth converting.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha