lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: sheave

we have a g16a that would shift rough so i changed the rollers in the primary clutch and it made a huge difference, but it would still jerk you when you would take of and it always wanted to run wide open. i found the problem when i took the carb off and found that the butterfly was stuck open when the stopper cammed over and it was stuck behide the stopper on the carb.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
denny3223
Not Yet Wild

sorry, yep... sho3's diagnosis. thanks guys . gonna check the nut, if not, ill get power kit and sheave puller at Jakes carts in morning. Only about 20 miles from my house. ll let yal know how it goes.
denny3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
denny3223
Not Yet Wild

Inner sheave bushing was in particles. Bought a new power kit from jakes. Took 5 minute to replace. Wow , what a difference. No noise, all power. Thanks to everyone for thier input. Took a spin in a cart with big block twin cam at jakes... scary and sweet all together.
denny3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Scary and sweet....... I like that!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha