lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Subwoofer Installation Question

mine sounds pretty good, shakes my pictures in the house when its going but doing a sealed box is very hungry for wattage so make sure you pair it up good with an amp that will get u the rms of the sub .I started with a 10 but it just wasnt deep enough for me and I changed it b4 i put my seat back in cause you cant get the sub box out with the seat in
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #12
coondog
Getting Wild

I like that setup, you did an excellent install. When you say under the seat, where at and what did you use to mount the amp?
I thought about going with amplified Bazooka tube, but although I have heard them in a car/truck enclosed in a corner loaded, I have never heard one in a golf cart.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used a JL Audio 10W1 powered by a JL Audio XD400.4 amplifier mounted up in the nose of the cart behind the dash. I used a 30A, 48V to 12V converter to supply power to everything. The sub is located between the battery tub and the bag well firing straight down. The sound is impressive for a golf cart and being mounted securely to the frame you can feel it in the seat.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...o-install.html
1BDPRECEDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I put it under the seat on the drivers side and used the 4 mounting holes amp had then i used 2 metal tin straps and took off the side grab bar and mounted it under there using the 2 pre exisiting holes and then ran the straps over the amp and pre drilled to holes and screwed it in. Thinking some acrylic or plexi to go over it for a splash guard incase i drive over puddles or for splashing . Im not worried about the heat cause i only drive a little and am not gonna be driving continuously bumping my tunes
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
TDAWG
Gone Wild

working on a pic, cant seem to get it.

Last edited by TDAWG; 03-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: dont know
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
coondog
Getting Wild

TD can you take a picture of your amplifier mounted....it sounds like I need to go that route. I have two girls that will be driving this so I need to make it waterproof as possible.

Thanks everyone and please keep posting pictures .....
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #17
TDAWG
Gone Wild

This is a pic of a Bazoka Tube mounted in the bag-well. Works good and is out of the way.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #18
coondog
Getting Wild

TDDawg I like that setup.....how is the bass output...Deep sound and does it carry? Also is it amplified or are you running an external amp? Finally what size bazooka are you using?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
TDDawg I like that setup.....how is the bass output...Deep sound and does it carry? Also is it amplified or are you running an external amp? Finally what size bazooka are you using?

Thanks
Bass output is really good. Stereo sounds better as you walk away from the cart if that is what you mean by carry. It is an amplified sub. 150 watts. Amp is inside the subwoofer. I took measurements of the bagwell before I purchased it. I can not remember what size but it is a marine sub for boats.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
coondog
Getting Wild

Basically....I know one guy who had a amp & sub setup. It was loud but there was no deep bass...it actually sounded like a pair of 6x9's and not a sub. I am just not wanting to be "that guy" when I am riding around.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO