lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZ GO TXT DCS That will not go

Yes it does
You have a DCS cart. THe Run Tow Switch is (should be) at the end of that wad of red/white wires zip tied up at the bottom of the controller in pic #2
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid clicks, I will venture to say chances are 99-1 that you have smaoked the controller.

DCS carts have one major shortcoming. They eat controllers in low voltage situations.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon2011 View Post
the two small wires from the top of the controller go to the motor S1 and S2 terminals.
Hope this helps somehow
This is getting more confusing to me by the minute, the cart looks like a DCS but the S1 and S2 terminals indicate it has a series motor, I was under the impression that the DCS motor had F1 and F2 terminals.
Maybe ScottyB can help here as he has lots of experience with the DCS carts.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That controller is marked F1 and F2 , I just passed that off as a misprint

If the motor is series all 4 posts will be the same size, if DCS it will have 2 big and 2 smaller terminals where the 10g F1 and F2 wires connect, but It would not have run with a series motor & the control pictured.....
Old 05-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #25
Canyon2011
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The motor has four posts.....a small white wire from top of controller to post labeled S1..........a small blk wire from top of controller to post labeled S2
a large blk wire from A2 on motor to Controller area and another large wire from A1 on motor to Controller area.........am unable to separate these two wires from harness until until i can get under the cart......not today!

The motor says it is 36 v Fleet Speed and ?3 12 GO1 AY4 ?001
by Advanced DC Motors

BY the way with the key on in forward the solenoid clicks and turn it off i feel it move. But with the key on and depress pedel no sound on the solenoid. Trying several times the solenoid gets hot to the touch.

I checked the pedel switch and as far as i can tell it is all ok. not sure how to test it?

Last edited by Canyon2011; 05-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: more info
Canyon2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #26
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I'm a little over my head here but I think you may have a series motor in your DCS (shunt) motor cart.
Based on my knowledge of motors, it would still run with the wrong motor, just not correctly.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well, lets see what he says. Anytime I have seen or heard of these two getting mated up the result would not run the cart. Is a pic of the motor terminals possible?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

he also posted that batteries were dry? not good........can you check to see what voltage drops to under load? put in gear and try to drive.....theres a chance it took the controller out theres also a chance that even though voltage is good sitting there it may be crap under load.......hope its the controller at least its a cheaper fix but when i read the batteries were dry it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
he also posted that batteries were dry? not good........can you check to see what voltage drops to under load? put in gear and try to drive.....theres a chance it took the controller out theres also a chance that even though voltage is good sitting there it may be crap under load.......hope its the controller at least its a cheaper fix but when i read the batteries were dry it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up..................
That's because you don't have any left on your head!
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scottyy who told you that......................your right none what so ever...............lolol.......................... ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO