lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Adjusting valves

Have a 99 workhorse. A couple weeks ago she wouldn't start, and I knew I was losing power. I adjusted the valves per the above thread. Ran fine for 4 or 5 days and wouldn't start. Checked and found one valve was off, couldn't fit the feeler gauge through. I assumed I wasn't quite right the first time. 4 or 5 days later it died driving down the road.

Thinking I better check my work yet again, I found one valve where again I could not get the feeler gauge through. Today it again died while driving. I got it home let it cool and just checked the valves yet again. I've been afraid to really crank down when tightening for fear I'd break off a bolt. This time I checked and everything seemed fine. Put everything back together and it started and ran fine.

Could one valve be off just a touch and when warm it stopped running, but after it cooled enough it would start again?

Thanks for any help.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adjusting valves

I guess so, increase your gap.

Curious = Is it the same valve?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Adjusting valves

It's been a different one each time. I suppose I could tighten a little tighter, but it scares me what might happen if I break something.

On one the feeler gauge went through, but it did have a bit more resistance then the others, so maybe that one is just a bit off.

At least it's nice to know if something goes wrong, I can just look at what I worked on the last time, and I'll find the problem.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO