lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Unable to remove pulser

Doing a complete teardown of my 85 EZ GO. Everything was going good until I got to the pulsar and I'm having trouble removing the two large screws that hold the pulsar plate down. I have marked where it goes so I can put it back in the same spot but I can not get the screws to budge. What size phillips do these take? I'm using a number 2 screwdriver and I'm afraid I'm going to strip them out. I don't have a number 3.

Thanks,
Matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Unable to remove pulser

You may need a #3, but try tapping on the screw head with a small punch and hammer. That will help to loosen it. If you can, get an impact screwdriver. It works great for these!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Well, I got an impact drill with a phillips bit. Got one out easy but the other one stripped. Looks like I'll be visiting our local fasenal place to see if I can find replacements. I did manage to get it out by using a pair of vice grips and clamping them onto the head of the screw so at least it's out and I can move forward.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
You may need a #3, but try tapping on the screw head with a small punch and hammer. That will help to loosen it. If you can, get an impact screwdriver. It works great for these!

Just makin sure you saw that he said impact screwdriver. An impact drill may have done your phillips heads in but an impact screwdriver is definitely the proper tool here.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I saw what he suggested and then used something I already had which was similar. The screws shouldn't be too hard to find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO