lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default question about crankcase seals

What would happen if say someone got a little over zealous with the hammer and accidentally tapped in crankcase seal on the clutch side in to far? I was using a piece of PVC about the same size as the seal so I could seat the seal in gently but something happened and the next thing I know it's tapped in about 1/4" below being flush with the outside of the motor casing. I know it should only go in so far as it will eventually hit the bearing on the other side. Is this something to be concerned with? It's bugging me but there isn't much I can do about it aside from completely tearing he motor down again and I've already got it put back together and I really don't want to tear it down again.

Matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: question about crankcase seals

Matt I did the same thing and again it also bothered me I had thought about double sealing that side with another seal and it may work but i chose to take an ice pick punch a hole in it installed a sheet metal screw so I could grab it and removed it.Some one else my chime in but in any case when you install the new one be sure to put a bit of blue loctite either in the case or the outer of the seal and lube the rubber lip.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

After reading some more I ordered two new seals. It will bug me until I do it right. A $15 mistake. :(
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

racin, that's a great idea!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO