lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
The General Lee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Wheel lug cross threaded

I have an 1984ish gas Club car that I recently purchased. When I tried rotate the tires, to even out the wear, I discovered that 1 rear wheel lug was cross threaded. I tried to remove it but now the lug with the nut attached just freely spins. My question is: If I cut off the jacked up lug nut and get the tire off can I just pull out the stud and replace it with a new one. I looked behind the tire and I did not notice the other end of the lug, did I just over look it or is it hidden from view by a cover plate of some sort?
The General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheel lug cross threaded

84ish CC has an axle with a large flange which has the 4 wheel studs pressed into it.
Once you get the wheel off pull the drum and the remains of the stud will fall out.
Take a new wheel stud (1/2x20 thread) and place it through the flange & put a few 1/2 washer on it, then start the lug nut on backwards so the flat part hits the washers, run it down with (whatever you have) until the stud seats. DO NOT overdo this. You just want the stud to hang there without falling off. Remember the splines in the flange may be compromised. If they are you may need to remove the axle and weld the stud in place.
I hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3599.jpgweb.jpg (640.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
The General Lee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wheel lug cross threaded

Thank you for the advise. I will go out to the garage and try it out this week end.
The General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car