lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
ChickD
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 cc carryall 2 plus trouble starting

I recently bought a 1996 club car carryall 2 plus. I'm having trouble starting it I have to turn the key on and off several times to get it to start . This is my first golf cart I was hoping someone could help me determine if it is the key switch or starter or something else . The cart has the 350cc law. Engine. Thanks for the help.

* also there is a click each time I turn the key to start but it takes approx. 10 to 15 tries to start.
ChickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
lakesidewelding
used to be wild....(sigh)

Club Car

Default Re: 96 cc carryall 2 plus trouble starting

There are lots of places to lose spark. First of all, open up the black control box by the battery and look for obvious corrosion, water leaks, etc. Also, there is a limiter under the engine, kinda where the motor sled mounts to the frame. I am told it should run with that disconnected, if it is bad- which is often from what I gather.
I am a nooby, too, and was chasing spark loss with my '97 Carryall, and got alot of good advice, as well as schematics, which help the witch hunt, right here on this sight. These guys aren't only full of it in a bad way...(LOL) they're full of info, too!
I never found my demon, but am also very impatient, and swapped in a trike motor, but these guys should be able to help!
lakesidewelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
ChickD
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks lakeside welding. I'll check it out. Also I do here a click each time I turn the key on . I don't know if that matters or not.
ChickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
lakesidewelding

Club Car

Like a breaker of some sort? I would differ to the experts on that. Check out the stickys in the tech section.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
lakesidewelding

Club Car

I'd like to see some pics of before and after! Not alot of Carryalls out there!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car