lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Which Controller Is Best

I have the Alltrax 500 amp for my precedent and I am one of those that experienced the jerkiness. I contacted alltrax about it they sent me a new map to install to it but didnt work but nevertheless they were very helpful and tried to fix my problem. I replaced the mcor and it did the trick, there is absolutely no jerkiness whatsoever no matter how you program it. Im not sure if my mcor was already bad and the controller just enhanced the problem or what. But I am completely satisfied with Alltrax and would recommend it.
B_Alford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is very useful information , what type of performance speed/torque improvements did you see with the upgrade to the 500 ?
Thanks
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

This controller is more for torque than speed, however I did notice mine to be slightly faster than before but the torque increase is substantial. I use my cart for tailgating and hunting and it has given me all the torque I need for offroading.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
This controller is more for torque than speed, however I did notice mine to be slightly faster than before but the torque increase is substantial. I use my cart for tailgating and hunting and it has given me all the torque I need for offroading.
What size cables are you running with?
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm running 2 gauge cables
Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
anix
Getting Wild

B_Alford2 - Very nice looking cart. What kind of speed are you getting with the EMP motor on the stock controller?
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks anix!
Im running the stock motor with the alltrax 500 amp controller. My cart runs around 24 mph but it greatly increased the torque.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
anix
Getting Wild

That's right it is ProSouth that has the EMP motor and stock motor. Great to see you getting those speeds with a stock motor. I can hit 32 but it took a motor and controller to do it. ouch!!
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

The jerkiness tends to return, I put in a new MCOR about 8 months ago and jerkiness is returning. I have an Allltrax DCX500
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #20
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah , I'm getting around 23MPH (top speed flat road ) with a full charged pack + EMP motor+ OEM Controller
I was just reading from Speedchaser the response about the Jerky Pedal returning even after Mcor change ,
This was my main reason to open the discussion . I have read that Curtis does not have this problem
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, controller, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car