lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Garageboo
Not Yet Wild

Default better acceleration/take off speed

i have a 2005 gas CC ?precedent? IR model no lift pretty much stock. the dealership adjusted my cart for great speed average top end is 26 to 27 mph(according to GPS) only thing i have done is the zip-tie trick, which gave me a couple more mph's. as far as i can tell the govenor and the rev limiter are hooked up. (thanks to all the great posts on here i figured that out since im 0% mechanically inclined) my question is can i do anything to get better/faster take off response without sacrificing top end speed? i dont have to push the pedal down very far to get going, but it seems a lil slow taking off. sorry for the long intro im new to this!
Garageboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: better acceleration/take off speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garageboo View Post
i have a 2005 gas CC ?precedent? IR model no lift pretty much stock. the dealership adjusted my cart for great speed average top end is 26 to 27 mph(according to GPS) only thing i have done is the zip-tie trick, which gave me a couple more mph's. as far as i can tell the govenor and the rev limiter are hooked up. (thanks to all the great posts on here i figured that out since im 0% mechanically inclined) my question is can i do anything to get better/faster take off response without sacrificing top end speed? i dont have to push the pedal down very far to get going, but it seems a lil slow taking off. sorry for the long intro im new to this!
I'm curious, what did your dealership do to allow a speed range like that ? I don't see anyway you are pulling those velocities unless both the physical governor and RPM limiter have been removed from the cart. More to the point, why would an accredited CC dealer remove these items unless they have a vested interest in selling you a new motor when you inevitably blow this one to bits ? Please be careful running your machine at these speeds. My own personal cart has been heavily modified internally but I still rarely run those speeds for any length of time. Maybe flat out for a 30 second sprint but that's about it.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Garageboo
Not Yet Wild

the place i bought it from is a huge dealership. when i bought it and drove it around and saw how fast it was i was like WOW. they then asked me if i wanted it "turned up" a lil more and i said no thats good. i am 99% positive the govenor is still hooked up cause when i put it in maintenance mode i and watch it i can see it move back and forth when i press or depress the gas pedal. i have had it for 4 or 5 years and have always run it wide open for short bursts on the golf course. it sometiemes smells a lil hot, but thats it. when i actually did unhook the govenor cable it just puttered around and wouldnt hardly go. i guess i need to see if the rev limiter is hooked up, huh? the motor runs great and always sounds smooth. i really think if it was gonna blow up i would have already done it!! but then again maybe i havent gone WOT for a long enough stretch.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Garageboo
Not Yet Wild

i have checked it with 2 or 3 different GPS units, so i know my top end speeds are pretty darn close. ill say i average 26 mph WOT. its for sure the fastest cart around. if i think the match might come to a play off i always keep off the gas and then suggest a race to decide the winner!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would look at the more power sticky at the top. Most of the mods there just get you more pep but not much more top speed.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car