lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
dbensen
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez-go 875-g?

The emergency brake is frozen and won't even allow the cart to roll. The handle and linkage move but the problem seems to be in the drums. I'm not exactly sure why they went with hydraulics when the mechanical brakes works so well. I guess that is fine for the rear but could get complicated if you wanted to put brakes on the front. Looking forward to diving in an getting it rolling.
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I understand! Spray everything with PB Blaster, be patient and let it soak for a few days. When I got my cart the E - Brake wouldn't even move! I sprayed, worked it a bit, sprayed more, and worked more. Finally I got the handle free! Next was the arm with the bushing that the linkage to the rear mounts to. Finally, the brake cables, which took awhile. Take your time and enjoy working on it! It will all come together!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well that's an 875 alright , i have one , the no spark is most likely a loose connectors to the coil , they are always getting dirty and need wiggled on mine if you need a manual i have the pdf somewhere here , also get it rolling before you worry about brakes , i use my cart and have maybe hit the brakes 2x in 3 years they are crazy heavy carts and almost stop on their own the second you let off the gas
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
bigozzy
Not Yet Wild

i have one that looks like yours it has a closed in cab other than that they look the same mine is a 95 gxi 875
bigozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO