lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Flywheel key on a 2 cylinder Robin 350 engine.

Has anyone had a flywheel key ro shear on the 350 series engine? I am trying to get one to run and have run against a stone wall for now. It has 150# compression. Changed spark plugs and they are gapped at .030. Timing belt lines up on both marks, the spark is hot and blue, valves have .005 clearance, it draws vacuum through intake yet it will not even pop if you put gas in carburetor or spark plug hole. I am wondering if the flywheel has sheared the key and changed the timing. It would still fire because when the magnets passed the pulsar coil it would trigger a spark regardless of relation to the TDC of piston. Any way to check the spark timing with it not running since there are no timing marks that I can see. Help! This thing has me about to pull out what little hair I have left!!
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Woofhound
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Flywheel key on a 2 cylinder Robin 350 engine.

Pull a plug out, gently ease a pencil into the plug hole, slowly turn the clutch till the pencil indicates top center, put a crayon or paint mark on the top of the clutch. reinstall plug and check with a timing light to see if it fires near the same position.
Woofhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
gadavis
Gone Wild

Okay, will try that.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
gadavis
Gone Wild

Okay, I finally got time to work on this puzzle again,after many unscheduled delays. Let me begin with a quote from my late father. He once said that, "stupidity costs!" It turned out that I was timing the new belt installation to the cylinder near the clutch. Obviously this is #the 2 cylinder. I turned the camshaft so that the lifter lobes were correct for each cylinder and determined my error. Timed it on the correct cylinder and. presto, we had life again!! Reminded me of the mess I had one time trying to time an International Harvester 304 CID truck engine and finally found out that the timing marks on it were to match up with the last cylinder in the firing order, #8. Oh well, you learn most by doing sometimes. Thanks for the help anyway.

Later, Gene Davis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO