lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Bigleo18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default need tips to remove top

I need to remove the top and supports for also seat backs on a 95 cc sending it out for paint if you could tell me what bolts need to come out to get it off it would help thanks.
Bigleo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: need tips to remove top

Through the top itself I believe there are 8 bolts, two at each place the support meets the roof. They're 7/16 I believe.

The front support has two bolts through the front trim cowl ring, these are 1/2 IIRC. There are two bolts that should have a Phillips head that hold the main tabs of the front support to the body, the nut is welded on under these, they just screw out.

The rear roof supports are held onto the top of the seat framework by two bolts that go through the plastic club strap assembly, the support, and the seat framework. These are 1/2 inch.

Now onto the seat back removal. To take off just the seat backs, there are 4 screws into the back of each seat that come out and the seats come off, if you're looking to take off the whole framework then you'll have to take out the 4 bolts that are at the top back of the engine compartment (1/2 inch). The nuts aren't welded on, you'll have to hold them with a wrench from the backside. Then you'll have to get the nut off of the carriage bolt that holds the rear of the seat framework to the body, this is done best by reaching under the body from the engine compartment area. Once these are off, the whole seat framework will lift off the cart.

Pretty simple process really, the worst part is the rust that binds stuff together making disassembly difficult.

If you're wanting to remove the stuff simply for painting the cart, you can do what I always do when stripping a cart, leave the top bolted to the supports, and just undo the front support from the body and the rear seat framework from the body, and then have a helper help you lift the whole thing, front support, roof, rear support, and seat backs and framework, all off the cart as one. Makes life a lot simpler.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car