lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
rheller219
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 jets/filter

looking to gain a little more power out of my g22. lifted with 23" tires. Has Plowmans clutch with orange spring in it, and govenor removed. Does jetting and air filter really give much of an increase? Just curious for opinions before calling Plowman for jets and a filter. Am I better off drilling out my jet and getting a cone filter? any insight and experiences would be helpful! Thanks!
rheller219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 jets/filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheller219 View Post
looking to gain a little more power out of my g22. lifted with 23" tires. Has Plowmans clutch with orange spring in it, and govenor removed. Does jetting and air filter really give much of an increase? Just curious for opinions before calling Plowman for jets and a filter. Am I better off drilling out my jet and getting a cone filter? any insight and experiences would be helpful! Thanks!
No. If you've got the clutch, go back and get the rest of the performance kit. You won't be disappointed.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
The performance kit does a couple of things for you. Most importantly, it allows for an increase in air/fuel at higher RPM (which, if you have the governor removed, you'll see), and prevents a potentially engine damaging lean out condition. It also gives the engine a little more power at the low end, for better acceleration.

While you could drill out your own jets, unless you know exactly how much to drill, it becomes more like a game of trial and error. Also, for a carb jet to properly atomize fuel, it needs a certain degree of chamfer, which gets partially removed as the hole in the jet is widened. The nice thing about Plowman's kit is that the jets are designed to work with the airbox mods and filter. There's very little guess work involved, and the air:fuel ratio is properly balanced.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Sandbagger hit the nail on the head:
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
craigsandrx7
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

In the performance kit, the primary clutch is machined. What did they machine?
What did they machine to make secondary clutch overdrive?
Any idea how big a jet comes in the kit?
craigsandrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsandrx7 View Post
In the performance kit, the primary clutch is machined. What did they machine?
What did they machine to make secondary clutch overdrive?
They machine the lower mating surfaces so that the two halves fit closer together, forcing the belt to ride higher and creating lower initial gearing. The helix side has plenty of material there, so machining off a little does not cause a weak point.
Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #7
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Wouldbt running a wider belt achieve the same thing?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
Spudgunman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Wouldbt running a wider belt achieve the same thing?
Let's say you did, you would also lose top end - so by machining the pully your cheating the low end while not harming the top end.
Spudgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgunman View Post
Let's say you did, you would also lose top end - so by machining the pully your cheating the low end while not harming the top end.
Exactly.
I purchase my clutches from Erlandson Tech and I am pretty sure Don and Tom do as well. If you take a look at their clutches and weight kits, you can see what is available from your pro shops. I use the severe duty Kevlar belt they manufacture as well.

Quote:
For the Op- To answer your original question, the answer is yes and no. If your original jetting is correct, adding new jetting will not increase your power. If your original jetting is lean or you add an accessory such as a low restriction air filter or exhaust add on which creates a lean condition, then yes, larger jetting will increase your power.
Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
plowman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinken View Post
Exactly.
I purchase my clutches from Erlandson Tech and I am pretty sure Don and Tom do as well. If you take a look at their clutches and weight kits, you can see what is available from your pro shops. I use the severe duty Kevlar belt they manufacture as well.

For the Op- To answer your original question, the answer is yes and no. If your original jetting is correct, adding new jetting will not increase your power. If your original jetting is lean or you add an accessory such as a low restriction air filter or exhaust add on which creates a lean condition, then yes, larger jetting will increase your power.
just so every one knows, we do not use parts from any other co, we design and make all of are components!!!
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha