lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #21
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Gas EZ Go Won't run

Hugger......I found the test light! on the red wire going to coil, I have no light with key on or off. on the white wire going to coil, I have quickly flashing light with key on and pushing accelerator.

What does it mean when the red wire has no light????
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #22
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Gas EZ Go Won't run

Update......I decided to take motor out and check it out. Removed head and found that the intake valves were shot! The were actually curled on the edges and were paper thin.

Soooooo, I replaced the intake valves, installed a new head gasket, set rockers to .004, put back in cart, hooked up and nothing!

Fiddled with it for a while and got it to crank, but it was backfiring like crazy. Once I stopped the motor, it wouldn't crank again. Took the plugs out and turned the motor over to blow out the intakes. Dried the spark plugs, reinstalled and got the same thing.

So I figure it's flooding...right? So I adjust valves again....cold.....and got it running pretty stable but not perfect. This time, the only way it would crank was to choke it. If you choked it fully, it ran fine.

So I adjusted the rockers again, this time with no gap (which I know is bad due to expansion of the metal when it gets hot). But, it would start right up, no backfiring but could hear something internal. The best way I can describe it is an internal backfire.

Then I noticed oil leaking on the back side of the head....above the head gasket. I guess I've removed and re-installed the valve cover so much, I must have damaged the seal. Just got back with new seal but haven't installed. Going to do that tomorrow.

But I'm not optimistic. Why will only start with it fully choked? One "expert" that I talked to said it has to be a vacuum leak somewhere.

I'm getting tired of working on this cart! Cleaned carb AGAIN, and going to install tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also....anybody have install instructions for the Airbox to carb? I can't remember where the lock washers go....on the outer silver plate or on the black plastic behind the plate?
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO