lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Default I need more torque

Motor swap done deal. If your accepting the loss in mph then that's what's needed. With 500 amps I can pull my front end up an inch or so! I'm getting 22-23 and 23 in tires. 509 amp are more than enough you just need the right combo of the rest and a motors can dial you in with less work
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #12
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need more torque

I've been thinking about this a while. I reprogrammed the controller because I upgraded to 48 volts. I wonder if something got messed up in there. The cart was broken for a few months I know it is definitely faster at 48 but it almost seems like less torque than 36 but only right off the line. it will pull pretty hard at 5 mph.
I bench programed the controller because the lap top battery is shot,otherwise I would have checked a while ago.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check and/or adjust throttle up and down rate.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

12.5 is how they come from the alltrax factory.
much more than 15 or so and I think you will be wasting energy.
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #15
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't ever remember seeing a throttle up rate of 12 and down of 5 from the factory.

From Alltrax AXE operators manual:

Throttle Up Rate
This slider adjusts the rate at which the controller increases it’s output current in response to an increase in throttle position. 1 is the slowest, 15 the fastest.

Throttle Down Rate
This slider adjusts the rate at which the controller reduces it’s output current in response to a decrease in throttle position. 0 is the slowest, 15 the fastest. It is recommended that this parameter typically be set to twice the value of the throttle up rate, when throttle up rate is less than 7. Lower values of Throttle Down Rate can result in the vehicle feeling as if their were a large flywheel connected to the motor.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #16
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oh. I have a spm48400 and 12.5 is the factory set. maybe its different on the axe
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #17
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

I have the axe 4855 I think. I just finished hooking up the forward and reverse contactor last night. Now I can put that in neutral So I can bring the laptop and an extension cord to the cart. I will try if I have time tonight
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

I was able to put the computer on the controller. I maxed the throttle down rate and put the throttle up at 7. It does seem a little faster but in think a motor will be in my future. As soon as the funds catch up

Tags
lift, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO