lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas TReatments;;;

ya you know there is sometimes side effects to using cleaners,, I remember many years ago I had a cutlass supreme,,it was running rough,, I put a gas line cleaner in,, don't remember what brand,, anyway,, a few days later it would not start,, took off the fuel filter, it was plugged solid with all the stuff dissolved in the tank,, I did have second thoughts about using the gumout, in my cart, so I went with a very small dose,, and the bottom of my tank did look clean. I got lucky this time. used 2oz for 3 gal.
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Star-Tron works awesome.A guy I work with turned me on to it,he uses it in his Harley and swears by it.I tried it(I'm not one for treatments either),it really does work,and improves power/performance in some cases(usually those that need cleaning/tuning-due to ethanol).The guys at work have also been using it,the company decided to try it in our old gas-powered forklifts(1960s' Cats' with Continental 4-cyl in both),and have noticed a difference in starting and idling.We pulled one of the motors down this winter for a freshen-up,and there was a slight trace of carbon,you could actually see where it was clearing away as the stuff has been running thru.I've heard that the Marine Sta-Bil works good,as does the SeaFoam.Another thing is to adjust the carbs if running Ethanol.Usually a slight tweak of the mixture-screw will really make a difference.Any tanks that have sat with Ethanol-fuel should be drained and flushed,since a orange/brown sludge forms in the bottom over time.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good info pac' after going through everything else, I knew it was fuel;; I bet the fuel pump was gummed also. buy the way are there any moving parts in the fuel pump, or is it just vacuum??
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The fuel pump has a diaphragm that "moves" with pulses from the engine vacuum source.Other than that,its just a block with some gaskets.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha