lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
super99
Not Yet Wild

Question Replacing G1 oil line

The hose running from the oil tank to the pump started leaking, so I took it off to find a replacement hose. Is this a special hose? Rubber gas line hose fits, but is too big to get a clamp on it, not enough room for clamp. The hardware store has a white plastic? hose like you would use for the ice maker water line on a refrigerator, will this work or do I need something special? Will I need to bleed the pump if I fill the line with oil when putting it on? How do you bleed the pump?? Thanks, Chris
super99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replacing G1 oil line

You are on borrowed time if you are still running the injector pump. I would recommend removing the tank/pump and pre-mixing the fuel.
If you insist on running the original 30-ish year old pump, use a hose that is rated for petroleum use.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

Do yourself a favor and start premixing your fuel. It's very CHEAP insurance for a long lasting engine!
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 AM   #4
super99
Not Yet Wild

OK, what mixing rate do you use? I have been told this before, but no one will tell me how much oil to use. It smokes excessively when driving it now, works good for bug control. I just burned out the muffler, so that might help the smoking issue. Thanks, Chris
Old 08-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #5
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by super99 View Post
OK, what mixing rate do you use? I have been told this before, but no one will tell me how much oil to use. It smokes excessively when driving it now, works good for bug control. I just burned out the muffler, so that might help the smoking issue. Thanks, Chris
80:1 would work fine. Could even go 100:1 if you don't run it that hard.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
super99
Not Yet Wild

OK, using gas/oil mix sounds like the way to go. I looked at the 2 cycle oil bottle and I think 100/1 was 2.3oz and 50/1 was 1.6oz/gal. If I go just a tad over 2oz/gal, I should be alright. Do I have to do anything to the oil pump if I'm not using it, or just plug the oil line and leave it alone? There is a oil line that runs from the top of the tranny to the top of the oil reservoir, not sure why that's there, Just plug it? I think I better make a tag that says to use mixed gas and put on the dash or somewhere in plain site. Thanks, Chris
Old 08-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yes just empty the tank and plug the line.

80:1 for "racing" LOL and 100:1 for "granny"

I'd use a synthetic based air cooled 2 cycle oil. I get mine from Home Depot, it's the Echo brand and it's great stuff.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Klotz Benol is a great 2 stroke oil.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha