lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2021, 12:25 AM   #31
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 TXT Overhaul

Just wanted to post a pic update. Tomorrow I'll get the doubletake dash finished up, install the rocker panel sills, and attempt to either move the rear axle forward a touch or trim the fender.

I’ve opted to just go with a rocker switch as the key for now. The cart will either be in my garage or I’ll be playing golf so it shouldn’t be an issue. I believe I’m going to eventually go with some form of RFID switch.

Hopefully I’ll get to see how she runs tomorrow.

jon21588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2021, 06:16 AM   #32
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Cart is looking good! I have read some other posts about guys lowering their carts and they move the rear axle forward about 3/4" (I think) but they were adding a 2" x 2" square tube which lowers the cart. You could do about the same thing using a piece of 1/2" thick steel the width of the spring. You would have to add a bolt to create a nub to locate the axle on and drill another hole to fit over the spring bolt. On my cart, the springs were shot when I bought it so I added 3 leaf heavy duty spring pack because I have a rear seat and occasionally carry a 30 gallon gas tank or passengers. My cart sits pretty level now and I have 4" from the top of the tire to the body and 2" to the rear of the body. My current tires are about 18.5" tall but I have been thinking about changing them to some 20.5" tall which should only make it 1" closer to the body.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #33
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Am I crazy, or is it as simple as drilling a new hole in the plate on the axle? Trying to make sure I’m not completely missing something.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:32 AM   #34
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

I’m an idiot and just assumed the rocker switch with the SW202 would connect the middle wire with the wire on the side that it was toggled to. Don’t be like me, you will be wrong and you will hate yourself once you finally figure it out.

On a more positive note, I moved the rear axle forward 3/4 of an inch. I couldn’t afford to lose any height, so I removed the springs and drilled a hole behind the existing hole. I also trimmed the back of the fender well a little bit.

Tomorrow I will have to add some sort of block between the front leaf springs and frame. I believe 1/2 inch will be enough for now. I get minor rubbing when applying brakes and turning.

In hindsight, I wish I would have went with HD springs. I wanted a smoother ride, but it has turned into extra work I wish I could have avoided. .

And the first trip out, I got up to 30mph. I picked up a buddy this afternoon and we went to a little longer road and ended up at 33, so I’m thinking 35 isn’t out of the question once I get the batteries broken in and just me in the cart.

The Doubletake sentry dash rattles way too much for my liking. Im going to add some sort of weather stripping foam or rubber to the lid of the center console. I may have to get rid of the lid if that doesn’t work.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:33 AM   #35
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice job, glad it worked out for you! looks nice and the wheels are centered.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO