lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Jciardo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry ezgo Marathon Starting

I have a 1994 ezgo marathon (gas) with this problem.
in the past when it would not start I would just move the generator belt and it would start; however this time not!

Here is what I have done so far:
Replaced solenoid, coil, ignitor, replaced brushes in generator, fuel filter, spark plugs.
Short of shooting the **** thing anyone out there have any idea's and or fixes I am at wits end. Someone said it was the timing belt and it is out of adjustment what do you think

It will turn over, plugs have spark, but will not fire.
Jciardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ezgo Marathon Starting

You might get more relevant help in the EZGO section. You said spark plugS (plural) and timing belt so it is a 4 stroke, 2 cylinder robin engine? It cranks, and has spark, have you tried spraying starting fluid or carb cleaner into the throat of the carburetor? If it fires up for a moment that suggests a fuel delivery issue. If it doesn't let it fire, you should check compression. Might even be as simple as intake valves out of adjustment.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
Jciardo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: ezgo Marathon Starting

Thank you for the fast reply, your suggestion is well received and I will try it. With your permission if I have problems in the future could I contact you direct??
Regards: Joe:
Jciardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ezgo Marathon Starting

You are certainly welcome to PM me, but there are many others on here that can also help. Good group of helpful folks on here.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO