lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
MPW
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading to coil over’s

Figured I would post about this since I did a bunch of research with not a real definite answer to help the next guy out.

I had full intention of getting a jakes Long Arm lift for my RXV but the lead time was a killer so the next best option out there was the 6” Double A-Arm lift but while looking around I found Proformx lifts that is likely a direct knock off. I figured Proform being a couple hundred bucks cheaper I would roll the dice and have extra cash left over (from the savings) to attempt to upgrade the shocks to a coil over set up.

Fast forward to first drive with the supplied shocks from Proformx and the roll was crazy it would snap back and make driving, especially at 25-30mph, insanely scary. Measured the eye to eye and added a bit for height and to stiffen. Ended up buying 280mm cheap coil overs to test knowing if it doesn’t work then oh well and if it does ill upgrade them later. They were to short, bought 320mm and perfect.

Well, it worked really **** well actually. I was really surprised. Had to install upside down because of the reservoir but for the sake of this experiment I wasn’t going to cut the frame. There was some roll still but I contributed that to the rear so I took the 280mm that were gonna rot in the garage and replaced the OEM rear shocks with them. Cleared most all the snap roll up, still has a little but I would imagine that’s just the characteristics of driving a lifted golf cart.

Anyways, the answer is yes. You can use coil overs as direct replacements for the provided shocks with better handling etc

[/IMG]
MPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO