lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Smile My Harley Davidson themed TXT Build

Welcome to my thread. My plan is to post updates and pics related to my build. Please feel freer to comment,.especially if I have over looked something or have it wrong. This is my first cart. I work out of town during the week, so all work will be on the weekends. Even though my friends say I have become obsessed with golf carts, I don't plan on taking it to the extreme some of you have. I don't have that kind of time or money. Cart will be used in the campgrounds and at motorcycle rallies. My plan are Improved performance, lifted and custom paint. I bought a 2007 PDS EZGO a couple of months ago. It's in decent shape and had three bad batteries. I've decided to upgrade to 48 volt and after reading the forums and talking to Scottyb, I have ordered A 500 amp Altrax controller, a 400 Amp Solenoid and a 48 volt changer. Controller is get to 80% to use with the stock motor.These are the before pics. Thanks for stopping by and Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo build 012.jpg (270.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo build 007.jpg (289.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo build 018.jpg (268.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo build 014.jpg (252.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo build 019.jpg (229.0 KB, 99 views)
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Default re: My Harley Davidson themed TXT Build

Welcome to the addiction looking forward watching your build
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow. Brings back memories. I am in the process of doing a PDS my thread in my sig, has a lot of great picture references if you have questions or need details on something.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Spam bot much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Thanks
Coltf1991 ,I have read your build. It's awesome. I have already got some ideas from it!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sweet, let me know if there is anything I can help you out with on your build. I would love to and be more than happy to!

Colton
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Two problems with the plan so far. First is the split in the top as seen in the above pic. Has anyone had any luck repairing these plastic tops. The way this one is split, it collects water. Second thing is I plan on using a 5 in drop axle lift and a 23 in tire. If my calculations are correct this will raise the top height 7.5 in.. Which is 3 in to high to load in my toy hauler. What is is best way to lower the top. I would like to lower the top to load and return it to standard height when unloaded. Any ideas?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to find a used top ($30-40) at a cart shop....most of us have piles of them.
On the height question, anything other than solid uprights for the top will result in too much flex and eventually metal fatigue and failure of the top supports.
Probably best to chop the top supports 4 inches and live with it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, any shop or even on craigslist you can find an OEM top to replace yours. Next would be to do a mild lift or go your route and do what Scotty said. Chopped tops look amazing anyways and there are several ways of doing it!

You could just cut 4 inches off and weld around it and try to get them grinder down for a clean finish, or cut it, get some square tubing to go on the I side of the supports. Drill holes and tack weld the holes shut then paint or powder coat! Depending on how tall you are 4 inches may be to much.

Another option, IMHO would fit your "Harley theme" better would be to do a sport windshield and have no top
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty and Colton, I'll take your advice and look for a replacement top. I need a top to stay out of the sun at the bike rallies.I have already ordered 14 in wheels with 23 in tires. That kinda locks in my height.

Tags
custom paint, harley, lifted, lowered top
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO