lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Re: The 2 stroke fuel pump

Thanks, you've been a big help!

On to my next question. Does anyone know if Winderosa makes a rebuild kit for the fuel pump? Summit Racing by me has their kits but they only reference the diameter, 2" or 21/16", and no cross reference.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #12
Stone
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Thanks, you've been a big help!

On to my next question. Does anyone know if Winderosa makes a rebuild kit for the fuel pump? Summit Racing by me has their kits but they only reference the diameter, 2" or 21/16", and no cross reference.
I can't edit so I will do this to clarify.

I cannot find the Winderosa part number for the repair kit for my fuel pump. I can find a kit on line that says it's for my cart and it says it's for 2" pumps but it doesn't have a part number, and without the part number, Summit Racing can't look it up to see if they have it and I am trying to get one in my hands today.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #13
CPOdaddyduke
Not Yet Wild

Question:

Has anyone ever tried to put an electric fuel pump on one of these 2-cycle engines? I know they can be bought that produce as little as 1.5psi... I have used several that range from 3psi to 9psi on other applications with great success. (or is there some engine dynamic that requires a pulse-type fuel delivery?)
CPOdaddyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Every once in a while, I read about guys that have trouble with electric pumps over powering their carburetor floats. The success stories have never reported back. Maybe you will change that, and report back.

EDIT: I had to come back to ask, what would be the advantage of buying an electric pump? A new pulse pump is about 30 bucks. There is already a convenient place to mount it, and the pulse hole needs to be covered no matter what. I don't see the advantage in modifying a well thought out design.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #15
my1423
Gone Wild

Working on small construction equipment with similar carburetors i have never had any luck with those small low pressure electric pumps.
In my opinion they are overpriced junk.
Always quitting or plugging up. Need a smack with something to get them to start.
The big pulse pumps work way better, but then you have to use a pressure regulator and that is another pain.

Imo Better off with the stock pump or adding a small Mikuni pulse pump.
Just cheaper and way less hassle.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
Flushers
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ive had a 1.5psi electric pump on my 92 ezgo 2 cycle for about 4 years now with no issues at all. Grounded it and powered it from the solenoid to come on when pedal is pressed. plugged the other hose with a bolt. Mix my gas. it was a while ago and I cannot remember why exactly I did it. I believe it was because a i was scared if the oil pump went out i would never know it and it would tear up my motor. Happened to my boat motor.
but it works great. no issues.
Flushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO